2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Nice car ruined by severe engine breaking - this is for sedan with auto transmission Edmunds does not have a selection for auto transmission
By jeffzx on 01/19/12 17:16 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Problem with the 328i Steptronic Auto Transmission is the harsh engine breaking when you let up on the gas. At slow speeds, and especially in stop- and-go traffic, the heavy engine braking is enough to get many nauseous as the car does not easily coast to a stop. I have never gotten car sick while driving, but with this car if I drive it in heavy traffic for 30 minutes or so I will get car sick. A BMW Expert told me "I have had a few customers tell me the same thing so I am not surprised of noticing the engine braking." Further, the car emits a very high-pitch sound for about 45 seconds every time you open or close any door or the trunk. Finally, the run flat tires give a harsh ride.

Great BMW car!
By billr6 on 01/18/12 11:14 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Smooth car, very fast, looks great! interior is very nice and exterior is first class!! Power is amazing, I pass other cars on the highway in 3 to 10 seconds!! When you press the gas engine growls ever so nicely!! I am very confident when passing other cars on the highway or city streets. Steering and handling is first class!! Amazing car!!!

Another BMW 328 xdrive w/ Nav
By nick831 on 01/09/12 11:35 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Had 2,3series, one x3, and one 5series. The 3 series is my favorite to drive. I can't imagine driving anything else. Once you drive one you will be hooked. There is no car that drives like it. I have tried them all.

My first, but definitely not last, BMW
By newbeemer on 11/29/11 07:11 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my first BMW a week ago. I got the 2011 328i (X-Drive, w/Nav). Coming from an Acura TSX, I don't know how I have been driving any other car. This car begs to be driven and it begs even more to hug corners. After my lease is up I am definitely getting another BMW - truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. Drive one and you'll understand why they picked that slogan. I barely feel the car accelerate. The interior is well organized and very well thought out. Although, I'm not a fan of the driver's cup holder, but that's just being nit-picky. There isn't much storage room on the front as the glove box is small and the center console is also small. Again, these are minor to me.

Great car.
By chan88 on 10/24/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW since I briefly owned a 325i in 1994. I had a Infiniti EX before I got this 335i (with sport pkg). This car runs great, but not a great value compared to others. It lacks a lot of standard features that others (acura or infiniti) have. Standard stereo is a joke at $50K price. My EX Bose system was much better. Fit and finish are great. No problem at 800 miles now. Ride quality on RFT is acceptable. I like the car's steering feel, suspension, engine, transmission, and solid chasis. These are the reasons I bought BMW. The driving dynamics is class leading.

First Time BMW Owner
By jhreviews on 09/24/11 10:31 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a first time owner of a BMW, the car has great performance and handling. If you are looking for a car that has best in class handling this car is for you. I test drove the competition, Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity and Audi nothing compares to the BMW. It has a quiet interior and no rattles or other annoying noises. If you have kids which I do the back seats have enough room and comfort for a day trip. I selected Premium Package, cold weather package and Xenon adaptive headlights. I passed on the Navigation system, it is not worth the extra 2k in my opinion. I think there are plenty of navigation choices with today's smartphones.

Awesome car
By bboston1724 on 09/21/11 11:01 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW 328i xdrive. Love the way it handles, the sound of the 6 cylinder, comfy seats. It does everything and does it well. I just hope they keep the 3 series spirit in the redesign. Also i have noticed some de-contenting of equipment: seat back packets, covered ash tray, unfinished bin in the trunk, no ski bag, no flashlight in glovebox. Little things, but still for the price you pay...

328xi with M Package
By ohlala on 09/01/11 19:55 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my 2004 330xi for a 2011 328i xdrive, SULEV w/ M Package, M Sport, Premium, Nav, Idrive etc., Space Grey with Dakota Black M Leather Sport Seats. Its a sharp looking car that I have gotten many compliments on. It rides like its on rails and cruises at 80+ very nicely. The cup holders are flimsy and its missing nets on the back of the seats, but you buy a BMW for performance and handling not cup holders!

Great but small
By dbruce1112 on 08/19/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my new 2011 BMW 328xi for a TL. BMW has awesome ride, but real small. I'm 6' tall 230 lbs. Very cramped for my long commute every day. Back seat was too small for even my kids. My 4'10 8 year old even had a tough time getting comfortable in the back. Forget it when it came to work associates.....way too small for any lengthy ride. If you want the classic sports car ride....this is it. Like a zipper on the road...but you need to be smaller or sacrifice the comfort for the fun.

service really isn't free
By car876 on 08/13/11 15:12 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

i have owned multiple bmw's , and we currently own 3. they handle great . there are 4 things i think bmw should address : 1. they advertise free service, but that is a joke/scam. they really don't do much, because they say the car doesn't need any service. they used to change oil at 15,000 miles. now they say the car can go 25,000 miles and for low mileage cars they used to change oil once a year. now they won't . the oil hasn't changed, just their policy. 2. options cost a lot, and should be included, such as the swing down side mirror when in reverse. 3. repairs cost a lot, like battery at $500. 4. run-flats are fine, but there should be a spare also, and there isn't

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan in WA is:

$175 per month*