2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: The Ultimate Sports Sedan Bar

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

335i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

The Ultimate Sports Sedan Bar None!!!
By Mel on

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a sports coupe but needed 4 doors so I compromised and bought the 335i sedan. With 300hp and tons of torque, it's the best of both worlds. It is unbelievably fast, yet can handle the chores and hum-drum driving of daily life. Going from 60-120 mph is effortless and so easy that I have to keep reminding myself I can't drive this way in the U.S. (Thankfully, I live in Germany at the moment). Whenever I want to put a smile on my face, all I have to do is prod the pedal and hold on till the speed quickly reaches triple digits. I drove the G35, Benz, Audi, and the Volvo. They were nice cars but this one is great. I have no regrets. The 335i is the ultimate sports sedan, bar none!

I originally was thinking of buying the 328i but when I drove the 335i, all logic flew out the window. The 300hp, twin turbo engine makes this car what it is. Thinking of passing a car? No waiting, it happens right now! Instantaneous, smooth, powerful, and ridiculously scary in how fast it is.

I only have small suggestions for the 335i. Storage is so measly, even the owner's manual doesn't fit properly in the glovebox. The cup-holders are inadequate and if the interior is tan, why is the trunk still gray (even though you can't see it). Small nit-picking improvements but nothing major.