Best value in its class
By RL in Chicago on
2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Coming from a 1997 Mercedes E420, the Acura RL is a "downgrade" from a V8, but it's an upgrade in every other way. I was sick of the repair bills on the Benz ($500 to fix a outside mirror motor!), and so far, the RL has been without fault. I miss the torque of a V8, but I appreciate the improved fuel-economy, and for 90% of driving, the RL has plenty of power. However, if they had offered a larger version of this car with a V8, I would have bought that. One of the biggest reasons I bought this car is price. I paid $44,100 for it, before taxes, which is a bargin for all the content the RL includes as standard. With the same features, BMW, Mercedes, and even Lexus are much more $$$.
Favorite Features
SH-AWD is excellent, stereo is near- flawless, navigation is easy to use, and the real-time traffic is helpful here in Chicago. Build-quality is faultless, and the car has had 13,000 trouble-free miles so far... Dealer has been great as well.
Suggested Improvements
slightly larger backseat, more torque, and I wish I could close the windows with the remote like I could on my 1997 Mercedes E420.