1991 Acura NSX Consumer Review: Greatest car I've ever owned

1991 Acura NSX - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Greatest car I've ever owned
By CanadaCraig on

1991 Acura NSX 2dr Coupe

The funny thing about owning an NSX is that you feel like you're 'in' on a wonderful secret that not too many people know about. The NSX truly is a wonderful car. It's been over 8 years now - since I bought my '91 - and I STILL get excited whenever I even THINK of going for a drive. That said - both power window regulators were replaced [to include the stronger plastic 'clip' that holds the windows in place] and the little a/c auto-temperature fan [the little fan behind that small grill on the dashboard] was replaced twice. I also replaced the clutch - once - and the clutch master cylinder.

The seats. The steering, brakes, shifter and clutch. The engine. The easy-to-see gauges. The view over the hood. The fit and finish. AND how 'it' allows YOU to decide what sort of drive you're in the mood for. A 'Sunday drive' OR a race up a winding mountain road.

It would be nice if the tires weren't so noisy. [and lasted longer - especially the 'rears'] The Bose Stereo - although OK - isn't anything to write home about. [but it has never stopped working in all these years] I'd also like a better [tougher?] sounding horn. That's it.