Used 2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Best cars I've ever owned!
By Frank Lashbrooke, Sr.

2014 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am an 80 year old man who has owned numerous cars including Volvo. I have owned both domestic and import cars since I was 16 years old. The best cars I have ever had and/or owned have been the Swedish brand, Volvo. Without exception, each Volvo I have owned has always been beautiful, well designed down to the last knob or switch. Each one has always served me so well that now I won't buy anything else! These cars I view as the best cars western Europe produces - up to and including BMW, Mercedes, Audi and SAAB. Every Volvo I have owned has ALWAYS done the job I wanted it to do and then some. Although I don't feel the sense of pride of ownership or prestige I might feel with a Beemer, Mercedes, or Audi, I always feel I own and am driving western Europe's very best brand. I have told many friends who ask me why I own a Volvo and I tell them it is the best car Europe produces, bar none! In my opinion, there is no better car made, period! Volvo cars, again, in my opinion, provide the owner the best value in automotive transportation out there! Out of all the cars I have owned, the Volvo brand has proven its worthiness of my loyalty and money. Buying a Volvo is by far the best car for anyone's money and then some. Needless to say, I won't buy anything else, EVER! BRAVO VOLVO! BRAVO SWEDEN!

My Zippy Volvo
By Lisa D

2014 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is the most fun to drive out of all the cars I've owned. I love it! You have all the power you would need driving this car. And I LOVE the way it looks; sporty and classy!! My husband likes my car but has a hard time getting in and out because he is 6 feet tall. But for me it's perfect. So far I've been pretty lucky and have not had any maintenance problems but since it's a foreign car I'm sure it won't be cheap to work on.

Only 2 months, but LOVE this car.
By EJH

2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Spent about 3 weeks reviewing 2014-2016 sport sedans (Lexus, Audi, Volvo, Infiniti) and settled on the Volvo S60 T6 R-Design Polestar. Purchased a 2014 with 32k miles on it. The acceleration is amazing with automatic and shifting gears. Nice to enter the freeway and go from 25mph to 75mph in a matter of seconds. Living in Houston, all you see is Lexus, Infiniti and BMW's.....not a ton of Volvo's and especially not many T6 R-Design. That's fine---they can pay the higher dollar to drive one of those and feed their ego. This car is as good or better than cars costing a lot more (IMHO). I have two 10 year olds (twins) and love the safety reputation of the car, as well. Very pleased.

Very well put together, but pass on the NAV
By Steve O

2014 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has said, but a few things are worth emphasizing: Volvo's seats are VERY comfortable, even for my 6'3" frame. Performance is not the same as a BMW, but neither is the price. You might as well pass on the useless piece of electronic garbage they call a NAV system. I came from an Infinity M35, and I might have only Volvo's from now on. The car just feels very well put together.

Value, Performance, Sex Appeal (in that order)
By John H

2014 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched vehicles in this class thoroughly before making a buying decision. First, let me state that I have no need for any of the common bells and whistles that manufacturers have been adding to vehicles these days such as lane departure warnings, park assist, even navigation. This review does not evaluate those areas because quite frankly I don't care about them or use them. I'm motivated by the following: how does the car drive, how does the car look, does the car meet my interior/storage needs and how reliable is the car? That's it. With that in mind, let's get started. I narrowed the field down to the Audi S4, Lexus IS350 and the Volvo S60-T6 since all had similar performance specs like 300 HP and AWD as well as identical 0-60 times. In terms of pure driving performance and sex appeal, the S4 and IS350 win without question. I'd put the IS350 as the champ. However, after many test drives I came to realize that 90-95% of the performance those cars offer can be found in the S60-T6 for only 70% of the price. In other areas such as rear passenger area & trunk space, the S60 was the winner. I've only owned this car for 30 days so I can't speak to the reliability yet, but I'm expecting industry-standard costs. One of the things I've noticed is that it's not as smooth in Sport mode both in up/down shifting as the others, but in regular drive mode it's fine. Aside from that, it's a joy to drive and at a fraction of the cost of it's peers. And even though I didn't need a luxurious leather seat, it truly is like sinking into a Lay-Z-Boy recliner--amazing. Bottom line: if you're looking for best in class regardless of price, look to Audi or Lexus and expect to pay $7k-$10k more. If you want the best interior comfort & space, equal acceleration, 95% driving dynamics and 90% sex appeal for 70% of cost compared to rivals, the S60-T6 is the choice to make. I've been incredibly happy with it.