Used 2013 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Don't know what we'll do if this one disappears!!!
By Coach Rick

2013 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our fourth Volvo C70...one rag-top and 3 hard tops. I traded our '11 on one of the very last '13s in the area in Dec '13 and got an excellent price. It's lacking a couple of things our earlier models had, namely Nav and super-duper audio(whatever the latest was called in '13...DynAudio no longer in use). It's still(and again) a great cruiser, capable in-town vehicle and a blast to drive with the top down. Yes, the suspension is more comfy than racy; but this is no track car. The hardtop, while not silent, is solid and confidence-inspiring...with excellent visibility for a drop-top. Gas mileage for us has been a solid 25mpg average on 87 octane fuel(Top Tier almost exclusively ). Road trips are much closer to 30mpg. I wouldn't mind eliminating some of the wheel-spin under acceleration and cornering; but it IS a FWD after all. The back seat is for the pup, so humans don't regularly ride in ours, although there's enough room for non-giant folks on trips of shorter duration. IF Volvo still made the C70, I reckon we would start looking about now(57k miles); but, alas, it may(will?) be a few more years before Volvo gets into the drop -top business again. IF the next gen is anything like the current C70; we'll be in line for one!!!

Sassy and sexy for the mature woman!
By Ms. Lucy

2013 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because I wanted something that gave me certain feelings while driving. Safety, comfort, and dependability!!!!

Love the ride, hardtop allows year round use!
By Volvo C70 Caspian Blue Fan! Go Cats!

2013 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I would recommend the BLIS system if you are used to having it. I purchased mine as a certified one since it one only had 7500 miles for a 2013, 0.9% financing, favorite calcite interior with caspian blue exterior. The interior is very luxurious; however, electronics/stereo could be updated. Then again, it is a 2013 car! I don't need entertainment.. just some music, bluetooth and the car! Top down it is a beautiful car; Top up it is a nice coupe to be used almost year round! Hardtop design is pretty incredible.. and you still have some trunk space available with top down. I purchased seat protectors and windbreaker on ebay for additional use/convenience. Several reviews say power is insufficient, but i am quite happy with it. Has all the power I need in town and on the highway. Love it! Love it!
Update after 7 months of ownership: Love the flexibility of a true car with convertible option depending on weather or travel plans. Car has been wonderful with no issues! Can load my golf clubs easily in the trunk! Seats are so sweet and comfy! 2018 Update: I can put my golf clubs in the front seat with the top down! - just slide the seat back and they fit comfortably! Not a glitch one with this car so far.. oil change, rotate the tires and new wiper blades. Love the ride and reliability!

Pre Retirement Toy
By Charles

2013 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We wanted a "Adult" convertible with enough trunk space for a weekend trip. We also wanted to be able to enter and exit with reasonable ease. There is nearly zero wind buffeting with the top down. We drove it home from the dealer at highway speeds for over two hours. Truly amazing, and comfortable. This model has the premium sound system and it is great. I opted to have the Polestar software upgrade done. It adds +25 hp and 40 lbs of torque and No real change in the fuel economy, and it's keeps the full Volvo warranty.