Used 2011 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews

$7,993

Used Routan for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Not what I thought

Ymorffi, 04/19/2016
SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I bought this car its had problems after problems. Parts can only be purchased from dealer, and most mechanic can and does not work on these cars. Three times I've had to take the car in for mechanical reasons and it stays working great for a few months before something completely new pops up. The dealer charges even the days the car seats in the parking lot waiting for repair.

3.38 out of 5 stars

great gas milage

criminal, 06/11/2012
SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this vehicle since August of 2011. I have put only 8600 miles on the vehicle, and have made to extended trips, one of over 500 miles. On that trip I filled up at start and drove 276 miles. I drove between 65-70 mph, made one stop, and got over 30 miles per gallon actual. I had issues with the vehicle's cruise control. Sometimes it will work, sometimes not. Has been to dealer twice and whatever they did, cruise still not working properly. Also have noticed a jerking feeling frquently when backing. Dealership said they know of problem but to date they have not fixed it. I like the car overall. Drives well, fairly quiet on road. The free oilchanges for 36 months a plus.

1 out of 5 stars

Cannot stand this van

vanluvea, 07/25/2013
S 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first minivan and I bought it used to save some bucks. However, I completely regret my purchase. My main complaint on this thing is interior quality. It seems like everything is taped together. Both front seats creak, creaks in the pillars, rattle in the dash and right sliding door rattles. Not to mention the windows rattle when they are down. The suspension on this thing is definitely stiffer which is fine but when the interior is built so poorly it easily shows. The worst part is the Caravan seems better by a small margin. I am ditching this thing for an Odyssey and willing to lose some cash on my trade in. That's just how much I hate it.

Mad mama

Carroll Thomas, 05/11/2016
SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As soon as the 60 mile warranty expired, the transmission light came on. I took it to have a Emissions Test done and it failed. I learned that the torque converter needs replacing. The car is some garbage. I would never recommend anyone purchase Volkswagen.

Volkswagen Routan se

Rugby4life!, 10/30/2017
SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Engine ticking is bad but overall the vehicle is perfect