Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

2013 Owner manual Errors

mikewlv, 06/15/2013

I am disappointed in Volkswagens Customer Service and Support. One of the features that was important to me was the Rear Backup Assist and Park Distance Sound Alert. During my demo I was shown the operation of the rear camera, the salesman walked in back of the vehicle. The camera worked camera, but no sound alert. When I asked, I was told it probably needed to be turned on in the setup menu. I check the manual at home and on page 217 it does show a picture of a sound on/off soft key. When I call WV they to told me it is not available, even through it is listed as available on their web-site.

Solid, Reliable Family & Commuter Car

popperoni2, 01/14/2014
TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought my 2013 Passat SE-TDI new in April 2013. I've put 60,000 miles on it since then. My daily commute is 35 mostly highway miles. We've taken the car on a variety of week-long road trips (from D.C. area) -- to family, to the mountains, to the beach, and everywhere in between. I still average 37 mpg per tank in mixed highway/local driving. On long road trips, with primarily highway driving, I average in the mid-40's mpg on a tank of gas. It's an excellent cruising car, although the seats are a bit hard. I haven't noticed the road noise problems others talk about. Haven't had a single mechanical problem since I bought it. To me, the design is attractive inside and out. I don't know how the problem with the diesel emissions control computer program will affect its resale value. However, I plan to drive the car until I retire (five years down the road), so this isn't a major concern for me. I highly recommend this car.

my 4th TDI...LOVE IT.

chimayred, 04/27/2014
TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

i'm not a gear head but i like cars. I've owned a Lexus LX470, 330, AUdi TT, Dodge Stealth, Dodge Durango, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mercedes C260, couple of Jeep Grand Cherokees, 2 Jetta TDI's and a 2006 Passat TDI. I absolutely love it. Drives great, use it without snow tires in Maine winter, drive 35000 miles a year, getting 49mpg highway regularly, looks great, great fit and finish, great sound system. I've already put 70,000 miles on it (65,000 miles on original equipment Continental all seasons). I drove this entire horrible Maine winter with those tires and 50,000 miles on them. This is easily better built than my wife's Mercede's C 260 (so much so that she wants one). Well now I have 120,000 miles. Never failed. Best car I've ever owned. Drives great. Never needs snow tires. 50+ mpg on highway. I still trust VW more than I trust the EPA. Super solid. Rented an Altima recently. It's a tin can compared to Passat. Downsides? Expensive service if you put 30,000 miles a year on it. Mediocre warranty. Looked at bmw 5 series recently and diesel Audis. Decided to stick with VW. It is now 2017 and I traded to be at VW Pasada under the repurchase program and use the money to buy a preowned BMW 328D great car, sportier, but a little rougher and noisier. Especially at highway speed’s. However it’s a $49,000 car that I got for 29 and 15 of that it was paid for by the repurchase program from BW. If it was between the $28,000 per passat TDI and a brand new 49,000 BMW I’d buy two VW’s and laugh all the way to the bank. I hope they bring back the tdi

Passat TDI

jh61, 01/24/2013

Purchased the car about 2 months ago. Continue to enjoy this very efficient VW. With 80% highway driving, mpg is consistently in the range of 47-52mpg. Interior has loads of room.

2013 Passat TDI SE with sunroof

simul8guy, 10/31/2012

Only owned the car a bit over a week at this point but so far I love it. While there is a little bit of 'diesel clatter' from the negine on takeoff, at cruising speeds you'd never know you have a diesel under the hood. Many would consider the styling a bit blah but I think it's very clean looking and will wear well over time. It looks alot like the previous generation Audi A6. This car is one of the best 'bangs for the buck' out there and you should seriously consider it if you're shopping for a mid-size sedan.

12345...19