Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

new to me cpo passat 2.5 s

tunisjs, 06/20/2014
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

i traded my cpo benz glk for a passat s. i wanted german driving at lower cost. i found it. i tested automatics jetta and passat, 2.5, 1.8 and diesel. the 1.8 really livens up the jetta, passat not so much. diesel with dsg is sluggish in town and costly at 40k service. i was most pleasantly surprised by the passat 2.5. not alot of driving difference with passat 1.8, $4k cheaper (both cpo), 2.5 online reputation is bullet proof while 1.8 is too new, i prefer cloth to fake leather seats. my 2.5 gave me 27mpg suburban dc area and 38mpg i95 and i64 dc to va bch, at or just above speed limits, hand calculated, almost unbelievable. my advice: try the passat in 2.5, great cpo deals now. update jun 2016. two years later, now 42,000 mostly highway miles, 25/36mpg. no mechanical issues except for one flat tire. 40k service at dealer was most expensive so far but only $170. cpo warranty still active and cannot find any reason to trade in my 2013. only complaint is poor visibility when reversing, but 2016 passat has a backup camera. very happy with it. would i get another passat? why not, except i dont really need such a big car, jetta is more tossable.

Very balanced car

burbach, 04/11/2013

Very balanced, with excellent mileage for a larger gas powered car. (I confess to being hooked on the computer's fuel consumption feature, short of being a hyper miler. Best on my 30+ mile commute on country roads has been 34.7 mpg.) The 5 speed is well matched - the engine turns at 2000 rpm at 60 mph. Very quiet at 80 mph, with 30+ mpg even at that speed. Nice radio, simple to use.

Best Car I have ever owned

nfarb, 11/27/2012

This is a spacious, perhaps bit too large, wonderful to drive cruising car. The mpg is remarkable given it size, and the 6 speed is smooth and fun, fuel efficient and serves to keep me alert and paying attention to driving. I owned a 2011 TDi sport wagon and loved it but thought because i often drive long distances I would enjoy a bit bigger car. This 111 wheelbase is maybe a touch more that I wanted but I get out of it after 500 miles and feel great and not cramped like i would at the end of a long ride in a smaller car. I am 6' and 70+ years old

New Passat TDI

conehead55, 07/25/2013

I picked up my Passat TDI 6-speed manual a couple days ago from a dealer in Phoenix. Drove it home to Los Angeles. That's 390 miles. When I got home, the "Remaining Range" on the tank showed 510 miles! Normally you associate 45-50 mpg with an econobox, or a hybrid. Not so here. This is a large, comfortable car. Yeah, there is a bit more noise at idle, which disappears when you rev it a bit. On the road, almost impossible to tell from gasoline power. Engine has plenty of torque, and cruises effortlessly at speed. If you remember the noise, vibration and smokey diesels of the 1970s and 1980s, they've come a long way since then.

Updated: 1rst VW: Extremely Roomy, Insane MPG

wilsonbrown, 09/22/2013
TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This car has as much room as an Audi A8 and the MPG of a much smaller car. Getting on average 42mpg. On highway, can get 56mpg on long trips. Although still getting average of 40mpg and it's roomy; acceleration is very poor, technology is awful (3min before system can be used, back up camera doesn't come on for same 3min), and the update to fix the fraudulent emissions is going to make it worse. Getting crushed on resale value...stuck in it.

12345...19