Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Extremely happy with my purchase

cocomicas, 11/21/2012

After reading many reviews and talking to mechanics, I decided to go with the Passat TDI. I started looking at the Jetta, but certain aspects with the Jetta I wasn't impressed with such as the single torson bar for the rear suspension. The Passat is just better built, plus it's built in TN. After looking at the different models and price, I decided to go with the SEL. This thing is loaded. I have taken it on a 1200 mile trip, averaged 43mpg @70mph avg. Only problem was a rip in the door panel. Dealer fixed it promptly. I only miss two options: HID's and heated steering wheel.

Bought for MPG - Love for the Great Quality

countrydrive, 03/01/2013

This is our first diesel car - and we love it! We were pleasantly surprised at the acceleration - at least as good as all of our previous cars. On our first tank we averaged 44.8 mpg about (80/20 highway/city) The ride is firm. The car absolutely hugs the road on turns. No rattles The SEL Premium has electronic seat adjustments and lumbar support on the driver's and passenger side - which is really nice. One caution - new in 2013 is the refueling guard. There is a flap over the gas tank which can only be opened with the correct size diesel car nozzle. Check inside the nozzle for a small bar. Of course the first time we tried to refill we were at a station with "truck" size nozzles.

First VW ever

als64, 12/16/2012

My wife and I bought a 2013 Passat a few week ago and we love everything about it. We just switched from a 2004 Camry ( Great Car) but not as much fun to drive. We are long time Toyota fans but we feld this car had alot more to offer. We love this car (so far).

Excellent car

brian_h, 11/08/2012

Good Fuel economy and roomy interior. Navigation, backup camera and onboard computer processor is too slow. I have had my eyes on this car for several years even before it was redesigned. Went with the 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium mostly because it was the newest but also because it has the backup camera which was added safety for a home with small children. Unfortunately this is also the biggest disappointment as the processor in this car is so slow that I can start the car, put it in reverse, back out of the driveway and be headed forward down the street before the camera ever turns on to show me the street I am leaving behind. As a consequence this is Not a Reliable Safety Feature.

VW still has quality issues

jld2, 01/09/2014

A new billion dollar factory and still quality issues. My fuel door fell off in my hand! And to add insult to injury they told me that I had to pay to fix it because it was an "external influence!" And when I inquired as to what the external influence was the customer service representative replied, "Cold weather!" So I have to pay $300.00 to replace my fuel filter door because it got cold in Pennsylvania! VW got the engine right. Great mileage, quiet operation, starts quickly in cold weather. The DSG is responsive but expensive, it costs over $300.00 every 40,000 miles to service. Too bad their lousy attention to details like designing a fuel door that will won't fall off.

12345...19