Skip to main content

$16,590

Used Jetta Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2014 Jetta Hybrid, so we've included reviews for other years of the Jetta Hybrid since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Jetta Hybrid Works For Me

jpa010, 03/26/2013
updated 03/26/2017
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

Despite the elevated cost of the SEL Premium version, I needed a commuter car with excellent mpg specs, and being a VW fan, was drawn to the Jetta Hybrid. Previously I'd owned a 2011 GTi, but didn't care for the 28mpg part of ownership (but a blast to drive, for sure). Having driven several Prius vehicles, I learned to dislike the golf-cart like CVT, so the 7 speed DSG of the Jetta Hybrid was a huge plus. I love this car so far, and 46 mpg is my mileage after two tanks of (premium) fuel. Build quality a notch above a base Jetta, almost A3 like. The Fender audio is as good as anything a manufacturer has ever put into a car, IMHO. Thank you VW for an alternative to TDI! UPDATE March 2016: three years on, and I still love this car. It drives great, build quality is top-notch, and I've yet to hear a OEM audio system as good as this one. Still getting about 44-45 MPG, unless I drive it really hard, when it drops to ~40 UPDATE Mach 2017: Now into the fourth year of ownership, I STILL love this car. No issues with the car whatsoever, still averaging ~45mpg in mixed driving. Such a shame VW elected to stop making these, but obviously not a huge selling vehicle for them. No cheating required to get my excellent mileage.

Disappointed

Kate, 07/07/2016
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I bought the car in 2013. I love VW's. Thought the hybrid would be great economical car but turns out to be nothing but trouble. Year 2 it needed a new engine and year 3 a transmission. Got the extended warranty thank goodness. However a rental is not covered. First time I got a loaner and this time needed to get a rental. I'm curious if any other owners had the same issues or is mine a fluke?

Don't Understand the 4/5 Star Reviews

golfocd, 05/06/2015
updated 05/09/2016
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I waited a long time to write this review because I wanted it to be good. This is my commuter car and I have put 42k miles on it in a year and a half. Right after warranty expired, things started breaking. You have heard about VW "Electrical Problems", this is TRUE. Do not buy a VW until they get this cleared up. Also sometimes, when it shifts from electric to gas, the entire car shakes and you almost feel like the engine is going to fall out of the car. It's just an average car, fuel mileage for a hybrid is "ok." I've contemplated just asking if I can return the car. For 27k, I really expect a lot more.

1 out of 5 stars

Even the VW service adviser said get rid of it!

Russ P., 11/08/2017

I purchased a used 2013 VW Jetta Hybrid. It had 68k miles on it. The car was in excellent condition. Unfortunately, things started breaking almost immediately. Cooling fans replaced, water pump replaced, and now fuel pump had to be replaced. We have had $3500 in repairs in the 5 months we have owned this car. Unacceptable for a car with less than 80,000 miles. VW's part supplier quality is terrible. I will be trading this car as soon as possible before another huge repair bill happens. I will never, ever, EVER consider buying another VW because of this experience. After the second repair, I asked the service advisor at the VW dealership if they are seeing a lot of issues with this car. She even went so far as to say "if it was my car, I would get rid of it". That speaks volumes.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!

Carissa, 11/01/2015

The car doesn't make the gas mileage it promises. I've tried everything to make it work. I bought the car for the fuel economy. Now my car has been in the shop for a month (third time I bring in for same problem) due to a jerking feeling that happens randomly as it switches from electric to gas. I've also had issues with the car randomly saying key not in range. It was in the shop at least three times for that. Then I brought it in for the sun roof not closing. I've had many cars with sunroofs and never had to have them greased and the lines blown out. The car is not worth it. Don't do it!! I'm very disappointed and dissatisfied. Not to mention it does not hold its value at all!! I checked it's Kelly blue book value and the car is upside down.

12345...8