Used 2015 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2015 Tundra Crewmax Awesome Family Truck
By Bill B

2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased new in 2015 an SR5 TRD OffRoad. Previous Toyota owner, first time truck owner. Drove them all before purchase. The others had some "bells and whistles" the Tundra didn't have, but when it came to actual quality of materials and quality of engine feel, the Tundra was clearly better. The crewmax is awesome if you haul people more the sheets of plywood. The engine is powerful, the transmission strong and smooth. MPG is about 13 city, 18 Highway and 15 combined. Its a big truck that can tow almost 10,000 lb trailer. My water pump began leaking at 51,000 and was replaced under standard factory drivetrain warranty of 5 years or 60,000. My Cam tower on passenger side leaked at 35,000 miles and was also repaird under standard factory drivetrain warranty of 5/60,000. Car also came with a standard 3 year bumper to bumper warranty covering everything. I had no repairs first 3 years. If your looking for a great built, reliable, high quality full size truck, and don't need all the "bells and whistles in the interior" do yourself a favor and buy the Tundra....you'll be really glad you did.

Third one I owned .
By V Vallone

2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Not the greatest on fuel but power out the ga zoo. A work truck that drives like a sports car . Great trade in value .

An Abrams tank gets better gas mileage
By Mario A.

2015 Toyota Tundra SR 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Nice big truck. 4.6 not the big 5.7, but still goes through the gas. I do not like to drive it much because it is thirsty so I only use it to haul firewood and tow a camper. Did tow a 5200 pound camper with no problem. I see that ford keeps developing new engines and transmissions which made me not purchase a ford. Do not want an unproven engine (6.0 Ford diesel was a disaster). The Toyota 4.6 and 5.7 have been around a while so they have had time to work make the engine reliable. Overall, I am not worried that the truck will break down . I can pass everything on the road but a gas station.

Good but certain aspects make me go hmmmm
By Matthew

2015 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Update : The leather and some of the plastic bits have not held up as much as I would like

I like the truck, but don't love it. I had to get rid of my '02 lexus lx470 (landcruiser) and it drove so great for a truck. This rides a little rough in the city, great highway truck. 4x4 engaged does not handle well at low speeds and sometimes the transmission has trouble finding the right gear on certain terrain. Interior is too plastic, antennae has to be manually removed and side mirrors are not auto either. Passenger seat is manual and there is a lot of wasted space in the back that could be storage. However, I love it on regular driving, love the backseat room and sunroof and back window that totally drops down. The stereo is awesome. Gas mileage is terrible but that is expected. I drive my vehicles a long time so I bought it mostly for Toyota reliability and I personally thought it was a better truck than Chevy Silverado, Ford F150 and Dodge that I test drove.

A Real TRUCK
By Keith

2015 Toyota Tundra SR 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This Tundra does everything you could ask of it. Not bad at all on gas 18 around where I live, about 19 on the highway. It is a joy to drive and the seats do everything you could ask of them. This is my first Toyota and I am a very happy customer. Aside from one shady dealer in Daytona my dealer experience has been great. Can't say how it works in the snow as I never drove it in the snow. I would buy one of these again. However I would buy a short bed as this truck with an 8 foot bed is L O N G ! I am a happy Toyota owner.