Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

One of a Kind

atomicalex7, 10/22/2013
SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

After 5 months of experience driving this truck, I can truly say it runs better than most new cars today. There is plenty of effortless power that comes through the 4.7 liter engine, however an extra gear would be helpful when accelerating up an onramp while towing. Driving the truck can be wiggly on very bumpy roads, however a majority of the time it just floats down the road. While stopping quickly from a high rate of speed, there is a noticeable shake coming from the pedal, but that is a common problem. Overall it is a very powerful and nice riding truck, and it is much safer than other trucks from the year 2000.

Driven almost daily since Dec. 1999

lostarchangel, 04/16/2014
SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck (a 2000 Tundra SR5 V8) new in December, 1999 and have driven it almost daily ever since. The only problems I've had with it are a bad oxygen sensor that went out about 7 years ago and the A/C has gone out twice. I replaced the timing belt at about 120,000 miles and have put about 170,000 miles on the truck since I bought it new. This truck was used on a small farm and often hauled heavy loads - sometimes exceeding its rated specs, without a problem. Sometimes it was called upon to tow a two-horse trailer for short trips too. After all these years though, it is still my favorite vehicle to drive, and I prefer it to driving my 2012 Kia Optima. I'll never sell it.

Terrific Tundra

waymas20, 03/02/2002
SR5 V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have had no significant problems with this vehicle. I would gladly recommend this vehicle for purchase.

So far so good.

Gregory Herz, 12/27/2008
SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I just recently purchased this truck, however, I am impressed at how well it has held up. I've caught up on required maintenance. Though expensive, I should have many thousands of miles to look forward to without having to pay for repairs. Ride is great, I forget I'm in a truck.

Best Truck Ever

Tundra, 09/11/2019
SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

2000 Tundra just clicked over 200,000 miles and still going strong. Just routine maintenance the 20 years. This truck is indestructible. Interior still looks good. Still drives great. I would like to get a newer one but can’t let this one go.

12345...22