Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
12345...45

Pros
Cons

My third toy truck

T Newton, 09/26/2004

My 3rd Toyota trk 1st Tacoma, 84 4 cyl. reg cab 4 speed was ok, 91 4 cyl reg cab 5 speed showed big improvements made, 04 4 cyl xtracab 5 speed subtle improvements. Xtracab forces bucket seats, not my favorite feature.Got better mileage w/91, the 04 is more enjoyable to drive after I installed cruise control, like I'd done on my 91.Not perfect but definitely a keeper for some time to come.

TOYOTA KICKS ASS AGAIN

mustang921, 10/25/2004

Bought my truck in May of 2004....researched and test drove it for about 2 weeks. could not be happier with it. toyota is the king of building a reliable vechicle. the prerunner looks great, has great handling and all the mumbo jumbo of a crappy ride is CRAP. it has an awesome ride for a truck and u cannot top the offroad capability....espsecially with the TRD package which includes the blistein shocks for a more stiffer ride.the interior looks excellent as well..i have the radient red color so the tan cloth looks good. the transmission shifts sooo smoothly and the V6 pumps out almost 200 horses so it does have great power for its size. you can't beat the quality of a toyota truck

2nd Toyota Pickup

RuRod, 04/15/2006

I sold my first Toy pickup after driving it for 22 years! The 2004 truck is very nice too. Rides good, handles well, nice fuel economy, and no mechanical problems yet after two years and about 26000 miles. Manual tranny is a bit "whiny" in 1-3 gears. Other than chugging up steep hills with the small four, I'm pretty happy. About 23 mpg in town, 28 on the freeway.

My Used '04 Taco D-Cab

Rattles, 07/13/2006

I bought this truck used and it only had 10k on it. Its my 3rd Toyota truck; an 89 XtraCab with 163k and a 91 4Runner with 269k (both had 22REs and 5 speeds). This truck was near-perfect for me for what I was looking for. The only problem I have had is a squeaky rear leaf spring. Otherwise it lives up to its Toyota reputation. I love the DoubleCab after having a sedan.

Tacoma Crew

gnshpdude, 05/16/2007

2.7 L Is a little underpowered and only gets 1 MPG more then my friends V6 Tacoma. Seats get a little uncomfortable on long rides. Other then that a great reliable truck.

12345...45