Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

Good Solid Truck

polar bear, 10/13/2003

Bought this truck this summer and thus far I'm very happy with it. Solid, reliable and well engineered truck. For my purposes, the 2.4 litre engine is just fine. I've used it to haul lumber and other loads of junk to the dump. Gas mileage has been consistently at 23 mpg in city driving. Haven't taken any highway trips yet. Highly recommend this truck.

A Real Truck!!!

ex-18- wheeler, 11/19/2003

Have the TRD package, stock, except added a grille guard. Took it up Horsethief Canyon Trail at Lake Mead Rec. area last Sat..Kept it in H-4 the whole time.(Jeez, when do you use L- 4???) Only 'lifted' Rubicon jeeps could handle this trail, except for my taco. Larger 4x4's have to stick to civilized off-roads.

2003 Tacoma

fixandrepair, 08/09/2004

I had '86 Toy P/u and loved it but needed more work so bought a new Tacoma with just the basics. I own (have ownd) many Toyotas and they are low maint/reliable. BUT noticed this is the first one not built in Japan, but in TENN, and I can tell the diff in quality.! Windows loose/rattle, creeking sound in dash, bed liner coming "unglued", paint bubbling up both sides on door at bottom. Only complaining because I love my old TOY and still have a 4rnr I'm happy with. I like my Tacoma (gave it a hi rating) but it could have been built better.

The Competiton is Not an Option

OffRdWarrior, 08/17/2004

Don't waste your money on the TuRD package. Get aftermarket suspension - For cheap get coil spacers, slightly more go "Old Man Emu", or the bucks get coilovers. Aftermarket lockers and your unstoppable.

nice truck/unconfortable pedals too high

Azael, 09/28/2004

pedals too high make a little unconfortable to drive,other than that is good truck(trusted "toyota" owner)

12345...38