Used 1995 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Very Reliable and Capable, One Ton!
By ruffrider

1995 Toyota T100 DX 1 Ton 2dr Regular Cab LB

Great truck, I've only owned for a few months, but purchased it from the original owner who kept it immaculate. Didn't know it was the 1 ton model until I got insurance. I live for off-roading and this 2wd truck is very capable. I haven't even put weight in my bed and I've never been stuck yet in the semi-soft sand of the Joshua Tree area where I live and the very soft sand of Palm Springs area that I frequent. Truck starts up every time and has over 215,000 miles on it. Plenty of power and great reliability from the 1st generation 3.4L V6, (only produced in 1995-96) also very convenient 8.2 ft bed. I've done the favor at my job to deliver a entire bunk of plywood (over 2000lbs) in my bed and a towing a pallet of cement (over 3500lbs) with ease. I've ran it on steep trails and mountain passes in the dead of summer 115 degrees with AC blasting, not even a stutter. This truck is unique, stands out everywhere I go, perfect size, not too big or too small and drives and parks like a sedan. I plan on keeping this truck for as long as possible, if you find one that's rust free in great shape like I did don't pass up the opportunity!

The truck that keeps on truckin'
By James Jones

1995 Toyota T100 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought the base model in 1995 for $13,100 out the door. Only option on it was air conditioning ( a necessity in Arizona). The power output from the 4 cylinder is OK if you mate it with the 5 speed manual transmission. An automatic with the 4 Banger would probably be a dog. The fuel economy would probably suffer as well. I get about 23 to 25 miles per gallon on the freeway depending on how fast I drive (75-80 mph will get 23 mpg). city driving is 19 to 21 MPG depending on how it is loaded. The bed is full size and you can load a full sheet of 4'X8' sheet of plywood flat in the bed with no problems. I have seen trucks with a 4 door extended cab with very short (about 4.5'to 5' long) bed. I view them as overly expensive cars with more ground clearance and a big open trunk in the back that allows thieves and rainwater access to whatever you put back there. They are not really work vehicles in my book. I now have 150,000+ miles on this truck and it burns no oil and runs as good as it did when new. I have used it for all kinds of hauling jobs like wood, building materials, furniture (moved several households including my own) and it has performed yeoman service. Reliability and longevity is a big plus. There is still plenty of (original) brake pad/shoe material left to last several more years! Incredible! The T-100 was the perfect size truck for me. The current Tundra is too big, heavy and thirsty with fuel. The Tacoma is a good size but does not offer a full size bed. I don't know what I will replace it with if it ever dies on me. I bought this truck 22 years ago and have gotten more than my money's worth out of it. I am 63 now and it just might outlast me!

T100
By Wallrat

1995 Toyota T100 V6 2dr Regular Cab LB

My T100 has the 3.4 liter engine. I regularly get 20 mpg, even loaded. The only fault with it is that I had to install an aftermarket tranny cooler as the oil overheated towing in the mountains. That solved 99% of my towing problem. Great truck otherwise. I have 225k miles on it, burns no oil, runs well.

95 TOYO T100
By tom

1995 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my TOYO 8 years now. It has 357,000 miles on it/ I have replaced the radiator, water pump, heater valve, shocks and a lower ball joint in all this time, most dependable mid sized truck ever built hands down! I train Strongman and had had literally a ton in the bed at a time and hauled a trailer and 3 atvs for 4 hrs to the mountains

Dependability

Seats are a little uncomfortable on trips.

Best truck I've ever owned
By wolphcry

1995 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This has been by far the best truck i've ever owned. I've had a few dodges and fords from the same time frame or newer and there is no comparison

quality