Used 2016 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great minivan;very reliable
By Zia

2016 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you want a reliable minivan with saftey features but do not want a DVD player or GPS.buy Sienna XLE premium.Roof racks don't have cross bars.Get all weather rubber floor mats if you live in a rainy region.Don't waste money on extended warranty.

How many miles on a new Toyota ?
By Jim Petro

2016 Toyota Sienna Limited Premium 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Toyota Sienna minivan. They are made in Indiana and are 100% American made ! Wonderfully comfortable vehicle to drive, especially for a tall driver. Now let's talk about the cons; The 1st was fine ....except that the brake pedal tended to slowly drop to the floor at times. This was actually seen several times by the service reps. Toyota refused to do a repair because the computer indicated nothing was wrong ! The new 2016 was bought in September, 2017, because of a terrific Toyota inventory clearance sale. It had 2,800 dealer miles which was OK. Within a month, I discovered on the Toyota service history website that it had over 34,000 miles when worked on two months before I bought it. Also, my name was forged always as the owner starting 21 months before I bought it. Toyota will not produce evidence of the actual miles stored in the computer. I still like the Sienna minivan but want it replaced with a true factory new one before NHTSA rules that I'm the victim of dealer odometer tampering. Toyota makes a great vehicle, but I have not had good human backup.

2016- XLE- Like BUT
By Vex owner

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So when you buy an brand new car, don't expect to hear squeaks coming from the brakes...right?? WRONG!!! I have been hearing a squeak coming from front driver side brakes..... I took it in the first time, they could not hear it or duplicate...made me feel like I was crazy! Took in the second time, and they did hear it however, there is no fix for it....WHAT??? They said that it is a characteristic noise of all 2016 XLE models??? How is this possible? You don't buy new cars to hear these sorts of sounds and then hear it is characteristic..... I will not be buying another Toyota! I think their quality is on a steep decline!

Swagger Wagon
By Mike Monzon

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Sienna now for eleven months. Very comfortable, I love the leather seats. Very spacious with great acceleration and having owned Toyotas before very confident in its future reliability. Ergonomics of the interior controls is just very good. Everything is easy to reach. I do like Toyota's infotainment strategy. The radio has knobs for tuning and volume in addition to the controls on the steering wheel. You also don't have to go through a lotta of menus to do very simple tasks, such as turning up the heat. Also worth mentioning is the incredible turn radius this minivan has, I know, something you normally wouldn't think about. So easy to do a U-turn in very tight spots. Only two negatives I can come up with regarding this vehicle: Wind noise on the highway is bit too much even for a minivan. Second, bottom part of front bumper, is just too low. It is very easy to smash it on those concrete stops at most parking lots. I know because my wife already scrapped it a couple of times. Over all we're very happy with it though.

No spare tire design flaw!!! Stuck in Canada!
By Jim R

2016 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you want an AWD to take your family skiing, be sure that you stay within 15 miles of a tire repair shop. I got a flat with the whole family in the car at night in Canada and fix a flat couldn't seal the hole. Had to find a hotel for the night. Next day, find out tire is ruined. Wait for special tire to be delivered. Vacation? Ruined. Weekend skiing? Nope. I was hoping to take it cross country this summer, but I'll be buying a new van that has a spare tire before then. Also, the ride with run flats is loud and tires are almost worn out at 18K miles.