2019 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Great vehicle except for nav

RIslander, 02/16/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I’m really pleased with it except for the navigation system. The nav system is not user friendly nor clear compared with after-market systems like those offered by Alpine. Toyota is so advanced when it comes to automobile technology with the exception of their entertainment and navigation systems. It’s very surprising.

Great SUV

NmIce, 07/21/2019
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4Runner is a last trie body on frame SUV with great off-road capability, solid ride, great curb appeal, reliability and safety. Not to mention plenty of cargo space. I've wanted one for years and it does not disappoint!

Somewhat old school but very well built

M from Dallas , 08/11/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd 4Runner and glad I went back to Toyota. I’ve owned Toyotas in the past then experimented with other car brands but always had little issues with those other manufacturers. Returning to a Toyota, especially a 4Runner, helped me appreciate the build quality and excellent QC. True it doesn’t have the ride comfort of a crossover nor the gas mileage, but this 4Runner has great build quality and I know I can drive it for a long time trouble free. Engine is powerful enough and ride is like a truck but not bad. Absorbs road imperfections really well and handling is sufficient. Interior is simple but well put together. I’m expecting many years of trouble free maintenance, similar to other Toyotas I’ve owned in the past.

Ad
Build Your 4Runner
Build and Pricetoyota.com

4Runner Off Road Premium

U,P. Man, 01/07/2020
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this truck. Solid, Tough, Excellent Reliability, Roomy ( I’m a big guy ) Powerful Enough, Great Ride, Fantastic Ground Clearance and it’s looks AWESOME!! I did my research as others have and Toyota hasn’t changed much in the last Ten year because they haven’t had to. It’s that close to perfection. I opted for the 19 over the 20. Less safety features to go bad in the future. My road to my house is basically a two track and living in the U.P. of Michigan deep snow is a certainty. Snow mud ruts no problem. Just wash it and go. Every time I get into this unit I have ZERO worries or concerns can’t say that about any other truck or suv I’ve owned. After 8 months of ownership and going through a tough winter and a hot summer I’m happy to report ZERO issues and I’m just as happy with my 4Runner as I was the day I bought it. Just wish I would have purchased one sooner. Excellent SUV. I’ll update more as time passes.

Smooth ride

Erica allen, 12/11/2018
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish the interior had a button to pop the back door open instead of having to use the key.

12345...12