Used 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Vitara for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Last Review

Eddie Gelman, 06/22/2016
JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my fifth review. Since the last review I have had a few repairs. Right side ball joint replaced ($280) and catalytic converter ($420) New tires ($510). Have about 85,000 now with a 90,000 objective. Still running good. Going on 18 years.

Still going strong

medco131, 05/25/2013
JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Four years later from my 09 review. Vitara still reliable and going strong. I now have 68,000 miles. Exhaust system is showing extreme wear and will probably have to be replaced soon. Also same for clutch. Other than that car is fine shape. Hope to have it to 90,000.

God thank you!

cheibaby, 09/17/2011
JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the best trucks on the world. My mom got this truck around 2005 and it still strong. She never had a problem with the engine till now, seven years without any major problems is a blessing. The car should last us a few more years if she take care of it!!!

Can’t catch me!

Sherry, 01/02/2018
JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

At almost 19 years old I’m running 345,000 miles on the original engine, transmission and clutch. Replaced 4WD transfer case a couple of years ago after many satisfactory years of moderate off roading. No visible rust; Colorado truck. I put a 2.5” lift and bigger tires on it 15 years ago which caused me to run through a set of CV axles but oh! the places I’ve been with my Suzi. This vehicle has only ever mostly had normal wear and tear repairs and maintenance. Never missed an oil change and it has been the little engine that could. Only left me on the side of the road twice in 19 years for an alternator and coolant hose. If Suzuki still sold in the US I would consider buying another one.

Great to Own

Katana, 04/04/2002
JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Well my Vitara just turned 3 years old. No problems so far. Been fun to drive. Nice handling and very comfortable. Nice zip with the 6 cylinder. Gas mileage could be a little better on the highway. Last summer drove 17 hours from Boulder Co to Chicago Il. Car ran great. No problem crusing at 85 miles an hour. This is my 3rd Suzuki in a row. 1988 Samurai,1995 Sidekick (excellent), 1999 Grand Vitara. Oh did I mention my 2001 Suzuki Katana 600. :-) Suzuki makes a great product.Cant wait to see what Suzuki offers in a few years. I highly recommend the Vitara for inexpensive, fun transportation.

12345...8