Used 2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

Great Car needed better Shocks

bwein, 02/07/2012

Love this with the 3.6 plenty of power with descent gas mileage 22 combines for 18,000 miles. My only complaint was the soft ride and poor handling. I put KYB gas shock on it and now it handles great and rides nice and firm. (watchout Cayennes) We have taking this car on the LA to Mammoth trek many times to go skiing and have needed the AWD plenty of times and it works great. We can fit 4 adults and a dog for a weekend of skiing if we put the skis and boards on the roof. Ingenious rack system.

Great Reliable Car!

Todd, 12/10/2015
2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Most practical, reliable car I've ever owned! I've put 165,000 miles on my 2011 Outback so far and have had 0 issues. I drive it off road and in deep snow a lot and the AWD and ground clearance are fantastic! Seat ride height and comfort good for a tall person (i'm 6'2"). MPG great for a car this size as well. Acceleration isn't great, but more than adequate for any situation I've run into. My only complaints are the compass on the rear view mirror doesn't always work, and the light colored cloth seats stain easily (recovered them with leather). Cant beat the reliability, practicality, and resale value of a Subaru!! I would definitely buy another Subaru.

Believe it or not the Ford Edge is better

1happycamper, 10/20/2013

I have owned two Subaru's...a 2011 OUtback wagon (4 cylinder w/CVT) and a 2009 Forester. Both cars were made with cheap plastic, had alot of rattles, transmission issues, and the darned muffler guard had to be tightened every 3 months or so. All of these items were apparently part of the regular joy of owning a Subaru and were not seen as requiring a recall fix. After owning the Outback for 18 months, I just had enough of having to take it back to the dealer to get things tightened up. I traded that car in for a 2013 Edge and have been EXTREMELY happy with it. The only issue with the Edge it to make sure to get the Scotchguard on it if you get cloth interior. Ford Edge rules!

Great in the Snow

danwatson, 11/11/2013
3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2011 Outback Premium new in May, 2011. It now has 52,000 mostly trouble free miles. The only problem was with a power window that would get stuck and the dealer had a difficult time finding the cause. Other than that, it's been very reliable. We live in a ski resort at 8,000 feet and the extra power from the six cylinder engine is well worth it. Even with the bigger engine, we are getting over 25 mpg with a combination of highway and town driving. Styling is subjective, but I think both the exterior and interior are attractive. We have a 100 pound golden retriever who loves riding in the back. I wish it had a little more leg room in front and rear, but it's adequate. After three years and over 80,000 miles we sold this trouble free car. I was getting ready to retire and decided we should get a new car for my wife. I asked what she wanted and it was another Outback in the same color - red. I don't like CVT transmissions and that's all that was available beginning in 2015 and I didn't like the looks of the new model as much, so I bought one of the last 2014 Outbacks with a 6 cylinder engine. It now has over 27,000 trouble free miles. We no longer live at 8,000 feet or drive in the snow, but the AWD is great and we're really happy with Subarus. We've now owned one Forrester and two Outbacks and believe Subaru makes a great car.

Exceeded My Expectations

winebike, 01/08/2011

I have driven my OB 1200 miles. The build date was 10/10 and it came with Conti ProContact tires. In mixed city/highway driving, I've been averaging 22 mph. I previously drove a Lexus GS300. I am very happy with the ride, handling, and features of the OB. When I took my first test drive of an OB last summer, I didn't like it and took it off my list, but I kept coming back to it and liked it better after each test drive. After my fourth test drive, I was sold. After buying the OB and getting to know it even better, I can say that the OB has exceeded my expectations and is an awesome car for its class.

12345...34