Used 2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

New Purchase Satisfaction

worldcitizen, 08/12/2011

I purchased an Outback for my older son eleven years go and he is still driving it with 180,000+ miles and a growing family so I decided I would do the same for our younger son. I recently purchased an Outback 2.5i Limited and I am very impressed. The quality of the car is excellent and we are averaging 27 mpg in combined driving during the break-in period. I am expecting the same reliability we had with our previous Subaru and anticipate a similar ownership experience.

2010 Outback -> 2011 Outback

macmuchmore, 11/08/2010

I bought the 2010 Outback (2.5i Premium CVT) last year and really liked it except for a few issues (no folding mirrors, some window trim misalignment, no homelink, not red). So while I was in dealership getting an oil change I looked at a 2011 red outback. All the things I wanted changed were there. so I traded in my 2010 for the 2011. Love the new one more than last years. Have already used the folding mirrors.

Great New 2011 OutBack 2.5i Limited

lgregor, 02/26/2011

My wife & I bought a 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited to help keep the miles off our 2008 Jeep JK with 114k on it already. I love my Jeep and it truly is the best 4wd out there but since driving the Outback I have become spoiled. The quality of ride is something I didnt expect out of this vehicle. Driving the exact same roads and paths I have taken for the past 3 years its a completely different feel. Many bumps/dips that I knew were there in other vehicles seemingly dissapear or become so minimal its outstanding. I am pretty large and I fit very easily in the new Outback. At 6'1 I dont even have to have the seat all the way back to fit. The doors/seals are very very good. Very good fit n finish.

New to 95,000+, We LOVE this car

W. Robert, 02/20/2016
2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our 2011 Limited in 2010 to replace a lemon Honda Accord. This is our 1st Subaru, the whole family loves this car. I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 280+ my wife is 5'1 and a light weight (she'd kill me I posted a weight) . Bottom line is it fits BOTH of us, and we both find it extremely comfortable, including for long all day drives with limited rest breaks. More comfortable than a 2014 Mercedes E350 for 400 mile road trip (new rental) and left me wishing I had drove my Outback Limited instead. We have done normal servicing, bought 1 set of new tires at 50,000 which by the way inproved ride and handling over the factory tires. Passenger seat had a squeak, dealer fixed no charge as it should have been. Headlight bulbs have both needed replacement (seriously difficult task, go to YouTube for examples if you want to do it yourself). This is not a sporty performance machine, but it a roomy outstanding outdoorsy family car, that has turned out to be better than we expected. It drives more like a older American full size sedan, but has better road feel, and navy less acceleration ability, but it is more than adequate with outstanding full economy for the size of car it is. We averaged 27 mph mixed driving, after a move were we did much less freeway driving overall mpg fell to about 24. We are now thinking of a second Subaru. This car has been very reliable, required little maintenance, and is extremely comfortable for a an active family including vacations, camping, Home Depot runs, multi state trips, and all the running around a family does. Absolutely love it!!

Very refined over previous Outbacks!

Eric, 08/01/2016
2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this Outback used. It's my 5th Subaru. I have been pleased with all of them. This car very refined compared to my 03. Very quiet. Lots of room. I am 6 ft 5. Out of habit I put the seat all the way back. This is one of two cars when doing so I can't touch the pedals! The other was a 60s Mercedes 250S. Reviewers state these Subarus don't handle as well as previous models. They are not race cars. It's turn well and has adequate road feel. Base radio is fine, though I miss the weather band. A review commented that the interior had to much plastic. It doesn't not look cheap to me. Fit and and finish are good. I think Subaru was on target with this redesign. Tight, well made, and will last a long time. The 03 was around 8 years. Longest I ever held on to a car. We are blessed with good dealer support in southern New York. Been dealing with the same dealer for over 20 years. My 03 was in an accident. Turn around time to my 2011 was done in a day! recommended

12345...34