Used 2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

My last Subaru

jimpstn, 12/03/2014

My 2011 Subaru has had one problem after another. Last month the manifold cracked and it was an $800 repair. This month a sensor went bad in the transmission - $1300! If Subaru has these known quality problems, they should at least help out with the repair costs. They said this sensor part alone costs $800, I'm sure it doesn't cost a tenth of that to make. Not only is the quality bad, but they won't work with their loyal customers on the cost of repair. I am not loyal anymore. (Not to mention they still have not fixed the head light blowing problem I had on my 2005 Outback)

Everything perfect except for the transmission

wil12345, 08/01/2011

Great car except for an occasional hard down shift from the five speed automatic. Dealer and Subaru say they know about the issue, but claim it is operating as designed. Mileage is about 28 on highway and 20 in town. 3.6 6 cyl has OK pickup, but not as good at the turbo outback we traded in. If they would fix the transmission issue, the par would be perfect.

Reliable. Good value, gas mileage & off road.

jcricket, 09/29/2012

I have a 2011 base model Outback with 27,000 miles. No issues except the headlights burned out at 25,000 (I keep them on all the time). Gas mileage ranges from 23 in town (in winter) up to 34 on the highway (in summer). High ground clearance is helpful for off-roading and deep snow. With snow tires on it goes everywhere, all the time - no stopping it. The interior is surpassingly spacious, particularly the back seat space. Consider avoiding the choice of white upholstery. In Alaska the car is ubiquitous - Outbacks and Forrresters are the most popular cars on the road here.

Great Balance

inflict1, 05/09/2011

This vehicle is a great value. Extremely comfortable, balanced ride on the highway, and for the amount of space, extremely fuel efficient. Left my home in Louisville for Monroe, LA with less than 500 miles on odometer. Driving at 75mph with the AC on, we got 28.9 mpg for the 1,400 miles roundtrip. That came to about 50 gallons of reg. gas; compared to 69 gallons of premium used by our '08 Mazda CX7 on our last trip.

Traded in a Forester for an Outback

danwatson, 06/08/2011

I purchased a 2010 Forester in June, 2010 when a job changed forced a move to the Eastern Sierras and an elevation of 8000 feet. The Forester was a great car that handled the snow without any problems. But, it was underpowered at this elevation and too small for someone who's 6'3" and 260 pounds. So, we traded it in on a 2011 Outback 3.6 Limited. No regrets at all. The 6 cylinder is both smooth and powerful, and the 5 speed transmission is much better than the 4 speed in the Forester. It's got plenty of room, front and back. The only car I've owned that's as comfortable was an Infiniti M35. This is a great road car. If it's as reliable as the Forester was in 18,000 miles, I'm happy.

12345...34