Used 2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews

Used Baja for Sale
Select your model:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

My little Baja

Diana, 09/20/2009
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My little car has averaged 26-28 mph around town and 30-32 traveling. Today it was rear-ended by a large SUV and may well be a total loss. Fortunately the passenger cab was safe though the truck bed was left much shorter and I am fine. The disappointment is that should I have to get another vehicle, it will not be a Baja. I am very attached to my Baja. It has been the best car I have ever owned. I bought the Baja new and have driven nearly 90000 miles. I really have no complaints.

Great vehicle to own

Mary Colletti, 03/09/2010
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For the most part I have had a lot of fun with this vehicle. People stop me and ask if its a car or a truck. It has had a few problems lately but for the most part it has been a reliable vehicle and I would buy a Subaru definitely again. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

2003 Subaru Baja Sport

doug madden, 09/17/2010
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 6'1" and 225 lbs. I found the vehicle to be above ave. in room, ride and road noise. It performs beautifully at highway speeds and in curves, and has plenty of pep from 0- 60 mph. It hauls the 1/4 ton payload with ease and the bed extender allows for needed space to haul multiple appliances or building materials especially with the pass through design in the crew cab. It seats 4 mature adults with comfort and all controls are easy to reach for the driver. My Baja is a stick shift 5 speed and use it in my home rental business and as a toad for my motor-home. I have never owned a vehicle that I have received some many compliments and requests for information and viewings. I will own another one!

Japanese made had better quality

illanrob, 02/27/2003
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My third Subaru a Baja auto has atrocious piston slap after 2kmi. Serviced twice to resolve the loud engine tapping noise during the first 7 min of driving: the timing belt tensioner was replaced 1st, adjusted a 2nd visit. Neither repair worked. Another Subaru dealer mechanic says engine is not normal it needs further investigation. Area Rep Ed Luksic (Georgia Alabama), came drove it and says that it is normal, not a problem, they all have the same condition, his own Baja does the same thing, should last 130kmi or so. The area Rep would have some concern if I can prove that only ONE cyl is causing the problem. Otherwise NO!

best "car" so far!!

zpsbob, 10/27/2003
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Needed to replace one of our company vehicles.. needed pickup function and ability to handle 4 real adults. This little guy does it all!! Not many choices in this category... Avalanche is too big/expensive/gas hog... Explorer Sport Trac is ugly as sin, thirsy also, plus didn't care for the ride. This vehicle is loaded as standard eq: power windows, locks, cruise ,tilt, air, CD, sunroof, etc. I opted for the Sprot because I didn't want the standard leather seats (personal preference) and the cloth seats are excellent on long trips!! Look hard and find one with monotone paint... they're out there...

12345...20