Used 2009 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Wish I can get help to fix my car
By Freddie

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2009 Scion xB 3 years ago from drive time. Carmax just gave me apreasal for only 2000 dollars that my car is worth I pay 189 every 2 weeks and owe $13,000 still and paid 4,000 already from day of purchase. I’ve felt like this car is fast as hell and can be amazing if problems were fixed. Mostly recalls. Had no issues but now horn out, breaks make grinding noise when stopped sometimes but has plenty pad still. Iac needs cleaning car rpms go up and down making car shake when stopped at light but also every week to 2 weeks have to add oil but no leaks anywhere it’s burning off my oil I had guy look at it saying possibly blown head gasket or something with rings inside. But car doesn’t overheat. But I just reasearched and saw that my car has a air bag recall and recall for lose of oil burning off. Anyone else have this? Or if it’s true. I don’t want to take it and them say it’s something stupid just to get my money and hope problem gets fixed not screw me. Cause sry to say it’s happened. But car is great if these things can be fixed before it’s to late and already messing up my car.

Scion Xb
By MPG

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great interior. Lots of space. Good visibility. Electronics failed and were very expensive to replace.

Great
By Cody Sigmon

Great compact car
By Liwingard@gmail.com

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fast and reliable, great on gas, cheap to fix, beverages. Never breaks down

Very cool car but in the end UNIMPRESSIVE
By Big Daddy WC

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Good: Huge interior. I am 6'3" and have plenty of headroom. Legroom for the driver is average. Front Seat passenger legroom is good. You can lay the back seats down and haul a bunch. Peppy engine and sound system is good. Handles really well. Toyota Camry engine so it is a reliable engine.

The Bad: - The seats. Horrible. Arm rest for the driver is way to low and slender. Worthless. The passenger arm rest is... wait, there is NO armrest. Really??
Only 1 power adapter in the entire vehicle. The center console is tiny, too low and pretty much useless. The trim is cheap. The weather stripping on the driver's side window lost its felt (or whatever it is) and the window bound up on the stripping when lowering it. Car Max extended warranty would not cover. Had to take a razor and cut it out, else spend $500 for a new door panel.

The ride is horrible. You feel every bump. If you are just using this for a trip here and there around town or for short commutes then it is ok. I am using for a daily commute and it is abysmal. There really is no intermittent wiper. The intermittent setting can't be adjusted so it is just a lower low setting. There is a horrible blind spot on the passenger side when backing out of parking spaces. The fenders, hood, etc will dent if a leaf falls on it. I barely leaned up against it and accidentally dented it.

Overall: If you want a car for short commutes or a safe car for teen drivers then this is it. Otherwise buy a Camry or Corolla.