2017 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Basic Ram with awsome features!
By No Way

2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Has spray in bed liner from factory no extra charge, has cruise control standard at no extra charge! Rubber floors and plenty of room behind the seats. Very fast for a 6 with 300 plus horsepower! If I drive my truck easy I can get 30 plus mpgs driving back roads around 55 mph. I drove from Jacksonville to DeLand about two hours away hauling a 700lbs utility trailer on back roads and averaged 26mpg. Not bad! I drove a fully loaded trailer 2500lbs around town in heavy traffic and averaged 18mpg for the entire tank. I always use synthetic oil and a synthetic filter.

Factory defects that they won't fix
By Nwash

2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Beware of the electronics. If they fail intermittently as in my case, the dealer won't do anything until they see. I've been in 4 times and they can't reproduce a problem and told me I'd have to pay a diagnostic fee for them to dig into it. Worst customer support ever.

Lover of chrome
By Ray's Hemi

2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Went shopping for a new pickup truck and drove the F150 and Silverado along with the 1500 and although I went expecting to purchase a F150 I was impressed with the ride and power of the Hemi in the Ram 1500. The build quality of the Ram is outstanding and the interior materials and layout really caught my eye. The 5.7L Hemi engine is simply awesome. The truck never feels like it struggles at any power range and the MPG is amazingly good and exceeded by expectations. I chose the Laramie model because the big chrome grill and chrome bumpers jumped out at me and the rest Is history. Extremely satisfied with the 1500 and although the Ford and Chevrolet were both quality trucks I'm glad I chose the Ram.

i haz a wallet
By dan irvine

2017 Ram 1500 Lone Star Silver 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

28.4 mpg

Rented Then Bought One - Love It!
By James S.

2017 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had a prior review for a 2017 rental that was generally positive. By chance I found a prior rental (2017) on craigslist with 12K miles and bought it. Same exact color (red). I love this thing! The gas mileage averages over 20 with mostly town driving (better than my Cadillac). It was easy to get the USB drive interface working. Lucked out and got one with the upgraded gauge cluster (highly recommend). The ride is very smooth and quiet - comparable to my Cadillac. Love the height. Voice command not that great, but the phone and USB interfaces more than compensate. The V6 is more than adequate. The only con is that it's a little tough to park and fit in the garage, but you have to expect that with a full-size truck. Glad I bought the Quad Cab instead of the Crew with the long bed (now that's a battleship!). The 5' 7" bed normally found on the Crew Cabs is just too short. Better to trade back seat space for bed space. A very attractive and practical all-around vehicle. Thinking of buying a Laramie and selling my other cars.