2017 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Huge pleasant surprise!
By Rick

2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I replaced a 1998.5 Dodge Ram Xtra Cab (5.9 liter Cummins Diesel engine) with a new 2017 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 “long bed” with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine. I had been towing a new 27 foot, 7K lb travel trailer (not fifth wheel) with the Cummins, and had real concerns about the Hemi being able to do the job. I was assured by the dealer that I would have no problems, and aside from needing an airbag system for the rear of the 2017, towing has been a breeze. The Hemi with the eight-speed transmission is significantly smoother than the Cummins, and that goes all the way back to 2002 when my wife bought the Diesel. When not towing, this truck rides as nice as my wife’s Lexus and has both more interior room and a superior 9-speaker sound system. The reliability for the first 14 months has been near flawless. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a light-duty full-size pickup. I compared Ford, Chevy and Toyota and the clincher was the drivetrain of the Hemi. The Hemi V8 dual-exhaust system is a throwback to the 1960’s when trucks sounded more “manly”.

Basic Ram with awsome features!
By No Way

2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Has spray in bed liner from factory no extra charge, has cruise control standard at no extra charge! Rubber floors and plenty of room behind the seats. Very fast for a 6 with 300 plus horsepower! If I drive my truck easy I can get 30 plus mpgs driving back roads around 55 mph. I drove from Jacksonville to DeLand about two hours away hauling a 700lbs utility trailer on back roads and averaged 26mpg. Not bad! I drove a fully loaded trailer 2500lbs around town in heavy traffic and averaged 18mpg for the entire tank. I always use synthetic oil and a synthetic filter.

Factory defects that they won't fix
By Nwash

2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Beware of the electronics. If they fail intermittently as in my case, the dealer won't do anything until they see. I've been in 4 times and they can't reproduce a problem and told me I'd have to pay a diagnostic fee for them to dig into it. Worst customer support ever.

Lover of chrome
By Ray's Hemi

2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Went shopping for a new pickup truck and drove the F150 and Silverado along with the 1500 and although I went expecting to purchase a F150 I was impressed with the ride and power of the Hemi in the Ram 1500. The build quality of the Ram is outstanding and the interior materials and layout really caught my eye. The 5.7L Hemi engine is simply awesome. The truck never feels like it struggles at any power range and the MPG is amazingly good and exceeded by expectations. I chose the Laramie model because the big chrome grill and chrome bumpers jumped out at me and the rest Is history. Extremely satisfied with the 1500 and although the Ford and Chevrolet were both quality trucks I'm glad I chose the Ram.

i haz a wallet
By dan irvine

2017 Ram 1500 Lone Star Silver 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

28.4 mpg