Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

New to me

skitterbug, 02/15/2010

My 08 grand prix is 2 yrs old w/ 60k miles. I've only had it 2 days but so far it seems like a good car. The interior could use some work, I'm 5'7 and I feel like i'm going to hit my head on the roof w/ the seat completely lowered. On the other hand my 2 children cann't see out the windows in the back because the seats are too low. My son is 4'3, 5 yrs old and in a booster, the window placement is way too high. Plus I'm use to driving SUV's and I don't like how low the car sits I feel like I have to pull myself up out of the car. Time will tell I love pontiac and this is my second one. My sunfire lasted 7 years w/ tons of driving and little maintence hope this one holds up as well.

Runs and Drives but not much more.

driverEd!, 09/20/2010

Purchased this with 30K on it and was excited for the 100K warranty. Too bad it does not cover anything that went wrong with this car. Fun to drive, exterior looks somewhat dated, but cool, interior is junk. Shift linkage jammed up and could not put car in drive, had to be towed. Heater vent fell out and split in half. Window seals on driver door leaks water, drips on window switches. Glove box handle broke and fell off, $165 for that part. Trunk seal leaks water, trunk gets moldy smell. Once and a while the engine won't start without cranking for over 1 FULL minute. Just another Union made piece of junk. It's for sale as of today!

Very cheap interior and build quality

sbronemann, 06/20/2013

I bought this car in May of 2012 with 28,500 miles on it. Currently has 62k on it and things are starting to go bad. Headlights turn off occassionally on their own, valve cover gasket is leaking, sunroof leaks, and ignition switch is going bad. It is fun to drive and does get pretty good gas mileage, recent trip to South Carolina resulted in 31.3 MPG cruising right at 71 mpg GPS verified. The torque steer is absolutely horrible as you could expect with a front drive V8 with 303 HP. Looking to get rid of it very soon.

I'm trying to find the positives

Russell Lewis, 11/07/2007

Let me start by saying, I've only had this car a few days but wow... It is awful. No light in the trunk. Front doors don't unlock when you open the door twice. The odomoter is in a stupid place. The radio has FM text, good luck reading it. The A pillars are in AWFUL locations, visibility out of the car is dangerously deminished. I think Pontiac hired Pablo Picasso to do the interior ergonomics. I'm sure someone calls it beautiful, but it doesn't fit any human. The steering wheel is just awkward, has too much slop/play and feels cheap. The seats are also rather bad. As for how the car drives.. Awful. The car I have doesn't have anti-locks!

Grand prix 2008 6-banger

mondo, 06/13/2008

This car is very fun, I think people driving next to you don't expect this car to perform as it does (it is a sedan). I've owned many nice cars and todays economy has forced me to buy under 20,000. For the money this car is perfect for average sized people, small families can benefit greatly. I can't believe the gas mileage! It rides like a silent hotrod if you will, but cost very minimal to operate. Say what you want about the fancy technology inside, get extended warranty. The power train warranty is piece of mind enough. Would recommend this car to anybody!

12345...15