Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Not a BMW 5 series killer...

Gomez, 01/19/2008

While the exhaust notes are a delightful symphony, the suspension and torque steer remove any fantasies of carving a canyon and putting the whup on any German engineered product. First impression: throaty growl stimulates adrenal gland...then ride on the street is like drinking sour milk. Suspension is so soft that the front emd bottoms out at speed over moderate undulations in the road. Feels like floating in a raft in the pool. Torque steer nearly planted me in the car in the next lane on the freeway. Under hard acceleration, it is not unlike flying a helicopter: don't even think of releasing the controls! Constant input requirement drowns the fun of the acceleration.

Perfect Blend

Dave, 06/30/2008

After reading the Edmunds Editor review I have to conclude that he or she did not even drive the car. First of all the GXP V8 weighs less than the old 3.8 supercharged GTP and I have seen 0 - 60 in less than 6 seconds. This car is a great blend of performance, fun, comfort and if driven correctly on the highway can get super mileage. I have been averaging 29 mpg on the highway and can still punch it out from a red light and leave a nice cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror. True to the G8 is a great performance car, but try driving it in the snow. At least the GXP gives you the V8 push and still offers descent year round driving capabilities. Next time have your editor drive one.

Great Car!

VROOOOOM!, 05/13/2008

What an awesome car! I am a little sad that this will be the last Grand Prix model year, and that 2 doors are not an option anymore. But otherwise, I have owned 4 Pontiacs, 2nd Grand Prix (other was a 01 GT) and I expect the same level of satisfaction as with all the others. Gas mileage is NOT BAD for a V8, especially with the active fuel management system. When you spend as much time in a car as I do commuting, you must LOVE your car! Traded a Mazda CX7. The CX7 was awful on gas (with a 4 cyl), very hard to see out of, and felt cheap! I did not feel the joy of "zoom zoom." I definitely like the VROOM VROOM more!

GM Cheated Us

GMMan, 10/12/2010

WE bought a used pontiac grand prix se from Iron Trail Motors in Virginia Mn with 26,000 miles on it. The day after we got it the car started to have problems. The dealer fixed a few thing but not the major issues like the paint falling off. that's right the car now has 49,972 miles and the paint is falling off. i called GM and took it to get looked at, they told us it was in an accident and repainted and now delamination has began.GM said they cant help us but there is no proof of any accident on the title. They said there's nothing they can do. So in all don't go to a Gm dealer or you might get a car thats been smashed then GM says "sorry we cant help you"and so did the dealership that did it.

I'm done

neveragain, 12/23/2009

Well, I love the interior and the sound of a V8 and that’s the extent of my love affair with this car. I have been towed to the dealership twice. Steering issues at the shop three times. Two additional home steering repairs. Serpentine belt tensioner rod broke… towed again! Multiple broken rims and blown tires… low profile and Michigan bad combo. Average MPG 21. Not great, since I drive 90 miles round trip to work daily, of which about 70 is hwy. I am actually paranoid when driving it now waiting for the next break down. I owe $11g on this beautiful heap and gotta get rid of it! Thanks Motor City!

12345...15