Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLA-Class model:

The two destinies
By L

2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA 250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The CLA does not seem to garner much praise or love . It’s often disparaged as a poor rendering of the rest of the Mercedes family . It’s the black sheep of the family people would have you believe . I am a car guy , always have been since I was a small boy dreaming of the kind of fun , and cool car I would own when I was old enough . I have owned over 30 cars in my time , all sorts of Volvo’s including the Bertone , every BMW , all sorts of Mercedes my favorite being a 1989 560 sec that I had for a long time . Wagons , sedan , coupes even an SUV . I bought the Mercedes CLA while looking for a replacement SUV ... I drove the car and fell in love with the way it looked ... After all we love everything with our eyes first and that was no different with the CLA .There is an expectation that the CLA should drive and feel like an E class sedan , well it doesn’t , I had one and it’s wonderful but an E class isn’t as nimble or as fun and it’s more isolating and numb .. That’s not a bad thing but you can’t compare the CLA to an E class or a CLS or anything else . The CLA is quick, nimble , and a blast to drive , add the panoramic roof the upgraded sound and the 4 matic and you have a great car ... Yes it thumps over bumps , it turns quickly , goes fast , it more sport than sedan...so give it some love .... it’s a great car, and today , it’s about value , the CLA is value , and it’s under appreciated , but not by me !

Bought new, traded 18 months later
By MaGr

2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA 250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Overall very satisfied. Safe, plenty of power but had I known a 37K was worth about 22k for trade in on new 18 months after purchase, I would have looked harder at an Accord V-6.

Great Car... Strange Standard Features.
By Krishna Patil

2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA 250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This car doesn't come with basic features as a standard option. I somehow ended up with this "robotic" car that doesnt have garage door opener buttons as a basic option. My 13 year old honda pilot and every car since has come with that as a standard feature. How can a luxury car like mercedes not include that... and not even as an optional add on after the fact.. strange.

By Ram patla

2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA 250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Perfect car for me
By Julie V.

2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA 250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Over the years I have driven a bmw, Porsche, Saab, and several infinitis, the last a g35 coupe. It was a great, fun, fast car, but also uncomfortable inside and a gas guzzler. My new mercedes cla 250 doesn't have nearly the power, and the transmission in the economy mode is clunky, but it handles nicely, gets good gas mileage (I'm averaging 26.5 in the city), and is a great looking little car. If you turn off economy mode, the car is perkier and handles just fine. I hardly ever drive with anyone in the back seat, so its cramped nature bothers me not, especially after the coupe! At this stage in my life I don't want a big gas guzzling car, just a spiffy, well made, fun machine, and this one fits the bill.

After one year I still love this car. We just returned from a 1,600 mile road trip, averaging 40 mpg! One day we even got 48. My husband, who drives a big SUV, really enjoyed the car on the highway. It is plenty peppy for passing, handles well and smoothly and is quiet.