Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews

$22,990

Used CL-Class for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Wish The Fuel Tank Was Bigger!!!

yellowabarth, 07/11/2012
CL63 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

2008 Model, Got her used and does exactly what is says on the Tin... Sold a S500 because it was slower than I expected from standstill and this car is the reason to Live! I look for reasons to travel, Wish the Petrol Tank was bigger, then I would not need to stop.. No problems so far, is an American version in Dubai, and just got the Navigation working and it's sweet. Seats, Amazing, Steering , Amazing. Paid a third of its new price and got 3 times the value of a normal car. Fuel Bad, but who cares, Tyres are expensive but who cares. 50,000 Kms passed and everyone will have been hard, but she takes it in her stride. Engine sound to die for. No real complaints, but read my improvements.

Amazing!

Henry Gutierrez, 03/01/2016
CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned Audi s5 A7 corvette, Porsche all which were great automobiles. But... I purchased my 08 cl 600 for a fraction of the original price 4 months ago with 27k on it. It's 8 year old car. ( obviously someone's baby) it is perfect! Black on black. It is incredibly fast! Poor gas mileage, worth it.:)) What a pleasure to drive in town or Hiway. The interior is very luxurious . Love the dynamic seats!! Sound system sounds like I'm at the symphony. Funny: :) porches and other high performance cars/drivers pull up at light, notice the V 12 badge and know not much of a chance. I've read some of the reviews and know repairs are costly. Hopefully I don't have any soon.(crossing fingers) the dealership did go over her with a fine tooth comb, plus I asked a lot of questions and had it looked over from an independent. Hope we have many years and miles together. 10 months later I still love this car. In to dealership once. Car would run rough for a second than ok. Suggested a gas additive which seemed to do the trick. Traded my CL... had an extended warranty that was about to expire. The repairs were many for the short time I had it. Cylinder pack, ABC hose, seat motor, blower for a/c .... beautiful car and a thrill to drive! Rocket! But...

Bullet Proof CL63

CMM, 07/28/2008
CL63 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

An absolutely phenomenal car that makes CL (or S) driving more excitement than you can imagine. Not quite as much torque as the 12cyl CL600, but quick as nearly anything else on the street. When speed isn't an issue, it rides like a limo - smooth & quiet. With the AMG sport package and 20" wheels and tires it turns heads wherever it goes. Although it's 4500lbs, it feels like a sports cars with the Active Body Control suspension that keeps the car dead flat. The tranmission is tied to the suspension settings and here again goes from smooth and easy to 7000rpm manual only shifting. Actually the middle Sport Mode is the best selction for shifting. Overall, the best Benz I've owned in 20yrs

Dangerous car

Lewis L, 11/18/2009
CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I own a CL600 and recently had a total brake failure. I hit a wall doing about 60mph. No airbag deployment, presafe brake failed, and no warning about the brakes. Mercedes lawyered up and refuses to deal with this. I've had lots of other little problems, but am shocked at how they treat customers buying a flagship model.

Amazing Car

DevGroup, 08/11/2008
CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Truly the best modern car I've ever owned. The CL550 was my choice after driving it, CL63 and 65 AMG's. I live in the city on the west coast, not near the Autobahn, hence the CL550 was plenty fast for me. Getting to my destination a second faster in an AMG did not seem worth the extra money. I opted for the AMG "Sports Package", the added styling is very nice. The Premium Pack II is a must, as all the gadgets make the car even more fun. The CL550 is a winner all the way around - great looking, powerful, safety, awesome ride, and it's got a stealth low-key look, perfect for those who want quality and performance without having to tell the world you can afford a fairly pricey car...