Used 2002 Mazda Millenia Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Millenia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Dream Car Nightmare Maintenace
By Tim

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for about 6 months and the writing was on the wall. It seems like a 2k to 3k a year just to keep it on the road. The parts are overpriced. It still looked great and I loved driving it. I had a 626 long ago and put 250,000 miles on it but always wanted the Millenia. Some dreams are better left as dreams.

Smooth
By Linda

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Mazda my third one. Would buy another one!!! Love the body still. Beautiful gold color.

I found my baby n 2015 with 45k
By Justin land

2002 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Never buy the car before you research the maintenance package that it's about to have for instance I bought it with 45000 miles at 60,000 miles it cost me almost $3,000 apparently the supercharged versions have two timing belts 2 water pumps and two types of serpentine belts but all in all I actually love this car so much it's ridiculous the handling it like a Beemer it writes comfortable like a Lexus the Bose sound system is to die for all in all it really is a great car except for the price of maintenance

2002 Millenia
By alwayssunny

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car with 137k miles on it and kept it for almost 5 years. This is a luxury car and is expensive to repair. I recommend financing a certified car if you want this. Something had to be changed every few months and it usually cost north of $1000. I spent around $2000 (and even more) every year to keep this car on the road. Parts are overpriced ($330 per engine mount is insane and there are 4 of them!). The check engine light is a huge issue with this car. As it ages, many exhaust components need to be changed (vacuum lines, egr port, catalytic converters, o2 sensors...the list goes on). I can only recommend this car to a mechanic or someone with deep pockets. It loves maintenance.

My favorite feature was the sunroof but that died at around 150,000 miles. Also liked the electric tilt steering wheel but that died way before the sunroof. My favorite working feature was the speakers. Pretty nice sound system even though I didn't have the bose upgrade.

Well, this car is no longer in production and for an excellent reason. It is a nightmare to maintain. My suggestion to Mazda is, if they are going to ever venture into the luxury car segment that they really take their time and deliver a reliable product. People expect their luxury cars to be more reliable due to the price tag. The exhaust system on this car needs a complete overhaul. It is plagued with problems. The check engine light shouldn't be a constant recurring issue. Also, the electrical components in this car need to be rethought. I do realize that my car lived well beyond 150,000 miles, but the amount of things that started breaking beyond that is mind boggling.

2002 Mazda Mellinia S
By vijaykumar

2002 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the car new in 2002 & still have it with 75000.00 miles. It is a wonderful car with beautiful a design. I have had no problems at all with this car . Although newer cars have a lot more gadgets , I am satisfied with what i have . It has a good power & the gas mile is OK for the amount of driving i do.Because of this car I will definitely consider a Mazda if I decide to buy another vehicle although a hatch would make more sense.
I am updating my review. Around 80,000.00 miles my Mazda refused to drive in Drive mode. I had ti put it into !st & as the rpm's rose put it in drive. Cost me $ 2800.00 to fix. A few miles later the car stared to overheat. I had changed the radiator fluid every 2 years even if it did not need it. It cost me $1000.00 to have a new radiator, hoses & thermostat installed. When I went to pick the car I was told that the Floor pan & frame was badly rusted . My car was always in a garage & washed practically every week.Cost me another $1000.00.A month later the check engine light came on. It needed an air flow sensor & temperature sensor. I had the car running to the dealership & traded it in for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek & had the bottom rustproofed.
I will not consider a Mazda again.