Skip to main content
$26,800

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

More luxury than Subaru

Meagan, 05/10/2022
2.5 S Select 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the color exterior and interior, the amber lights in the front at night. It looks like a luxury vehicle but something you can take off roading because of the trim. Love the darkness of the tires. I love the moon roof, the controls for the screen and the simple clean dashboard. I like how easy it is to put the seats down. The car has all the features I’ve wanted for safety and technology and it is all wheel drive which I need. It has sports mode to get me on the Highway quickly and off roading mode which is good because I like to go to the mountains and I live on a ranch. I like the wireless apple car play and that the charger is hidden in the middle console and there is a space for the cord to come out so it’s not bent or messy looking. I like how the middle console is easy to keep clean. I love the reflection screen of the speedometer and that screen tells you if someone is on either side of you. The back up camera is crisp and easy to use. I love the boze sound system and the motion sensing windshield wipers. The only thing is it doesn’t work super well with mist but I’m sure that’s pretty normal. I love the bar racks on top it makes it look cool but they whistle really loud when driving so I’ll have to take them off unless they’re being used which is fine. Then I wish the moon roof would open all the way but that’s ok. I love the air conditioned seats and the heating seats too. Wish the steering wheel did the same, maybe that’s on a different model. When I’m getting out of the car to go I’m really quick to like get gas or something I’ll leave it on and lock it since my dog is in there. When you come back the apple car play won’t hook back up. In my forester it would. That’s just a tiny but annoying but not a big problem and I wish the gas tank would hold like one more gallon but surprisingly I goes a while without needing gas. Good gas milage. So far so good!

Luxury Ride

JC, 08/05/2022
2.5 S Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Amazing ride with superior styling has a Bose stereo and all sophisticated safety seats are Comfortable.

4 out of 5 stars

Nice, but with a few caveats

ScottyD, 08/10/2022
2.5 S Preferred Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve had my 2023 CX-50 preferred plus in polymetal gray for about 3 weeks now, and have about 1k miles on it. Here are my thoughts. The good: - Comfortable, even on long drives. - Excellent handling. Classic Mazda. - Build quality is solid. Much nicer than the alternatives at this price point. - Very surefooted. Haven’t done any significant off-roading yet, but zero problems so far on dirt roads and grass parking lots. - The dial controlled infotainment system has grown on me. Seemed weird at first, but it really is less distracting than the finicky touchscreen on my last car. - Plenty of room for four people, with a decent amount of trunk space. - The panoramic sunroof is a nice touch. Will get lots of use out of it once the weather cools off some. - Power with the base engine is perfectly adequate. The turbo would have been fun, but it’s certainly not a must-have for day to day use. The bad: - Fuel mileage has been kind of disappointing. Combined average (for me, about 2/3 city and 1/3 highway) struggles to break 24 mpg. Not catastrophic, but definitely under the EPA estimate. May try to feed it premium gas next tank to see if that makes a difference. - The Mazda Connect app is kind of awful. In theory, it should be helpful…but it doesn’t work consistently, and is slow as molasses even when it does work. If it were just telematics and marketing stuff, I wouldn’t care. But it’s the only way to use the remote start. Why couldn’t they have just put that function on the key fob?? - The road noise at highway speeds on some surfaces can get a little annoying. It’s not constant, so it might just be the OEM tires on rougher surfaces. But definitely take it up to highway speeds on your test drive to make sure it’s something you can live with.

2023 MAZDA CX-50
At a Glance:
  • 4 Packages
  • $26,800starting MSRP
Search InventoryMAZDAUSA.COM
MSRP excludes taxes, title, license fees and $1,225 destination charge (Alaska $1,270). Vehicle shown may be priced higher. Actual dealer price will vary. See dealer for complete details.