2018 Lexus RX 350L Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Lexus RX 350L Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350L model:

My first Lexus -- very happy
By Rich

2018 Lexus RX 350L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned Toyotas for ten years now, but decided to trade my 2016 HIghlander for this Lexus 350L with the Premium Package. First off, let's get the touchy subject of the info/navigation display out of the way. Working your way through this thing is far from intuitive, and there is no touch screen -- you use a mouse-type device mounted on the console, right where your hand normally rests. But I have to say that, after taking a few days to get used to it, I actually prefer it. It's much easier, and safer, than reaching to fumble with a touchscreen while driving. In fact, you really don't have to take your eyes off the road. Ride is superb, I've had absolutely no problems with anything on the vehicle, and performance is more than adequate. The Sport Mode give you a little more response with a quicker transmission kick down when accelerating, probably at the cost of 1 MPG or so. I don't like the touch on-off with the interior light, which is right next to the sunglass holder on the overhead console. While getting or putting away my glasses I almost always inadvertently touch the light and it comes on -- don't even notice it in the daytime. I much prefer the conventional click on-off on the Toyota. Also, the front end has a "glass jaw" with no bumper protection. The plastic grill just sticks out there in front of everything. I managed to tap a pole in a parking lot and gave the grill a minor crack. I shudder to think what that will cost. And the analog clock is difficult to read in low light -- needs more contrast between the hands and face. But overall, the 350L is an excellent, well-engineered, well-built vehicle. After 3,500 miles I'm getting 23.5 MPG combined city/hwy. I would definitely buy again.

Amazing SUV Luxury - 2018 Lexus 350L AWD
By DFigg

2018 Lexus RX 350L Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Friends had touted the quality, dependability and luxury their Lexus vehicles offered but I was content with a BMW 5-series for the past 10+ years. When I had to press hard to get the dealer to repair a faulty AC unit under warranty, I decided it was time to give Lexus a test drive. I was immediately impressed by the quality, attention to detail, performance, and comfort of the vehicle and the incredible, personable service of Rohrich Lexus in Pittsburgh. Within a few days, we had narrowed our color and feature choices and our salesman had located a vehicle for us. The vehicle was six hours away and was transported by truck to the dealer for our brand new delivery. We love this Lexus and regret not exploring the brand sooner. It's safety and luxury features are amazing and extremely intuitive.

The new Lexus RX350L
By Doreen Knight

2018 Lexus RX 350L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I really LOVE this RXL

Great SUV with the 3rd Row
By Tony

2018 Lexus RX 350L Luxury 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We just got the RX 350L and could not be happier with it. The ride and comfort and quality are outstanding. We drove the Audi, Infinity, Accura and BMW over the past week and this was easily our favorite of the group and it came in lower than most when comparing similar packages. I also like the look a bit more than the RX 350 with the less slope backend. The base sound system also was a real pleasant surprise ... with some slight adjustments to the balance and bass it was really surprisingly great and I love good sound. The ride is very smooth and quiet with very comfortable seats and easy to use controls including the great safety technology package. To be fair, as another reviewer wrote, the 3rd row is tight, but we did not feel anywhere near as bad as the reviewer described. My wife 5'4" tried it out on our ride and said it was comfortable with the mid row seats still in a reasonable position. This would work for our needs of 2 hour or less drives with an extra ability to fit 1 or 2 more kids or shorter adults avoiding the need for a second vehicle on the trips. There is still nice storage behind the 3rd row too. For us, this was a great choice and we're really happy with nearly every aspect of the car and would recommend it to friends or family.

I wanted so badly to like it!
By Dennis

2018 Lexus RX 350L Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

So I'm a current Lexus owner, love the brand and have been waiting months for the RX-L to come out and replace our family vehicle with a 3 row SUV. I was so excited when the RXL came out and I went to the dealership with checkbook in hand, ready to buy. I literally cannot understand what Lexus was thinking with the 3rd row design. I expect midsize SUV 3rd rows to be child-sized, but this was completely non-functional and worse than any I've ever seen. With the 2nd row seats in the back position, the back of the 2nd row seat touches the bench of the 3rd row with precisely zero leg space. It touches! With the second row seats in the farthest forward position, I (or my teenage kids) STILL could not lock the second row seat in place (in it's farthest forward position) because the knees of the 3rd row passenger were in the way. It was physically impossible. The fact that the car is only 4 inches longer than the 2 row version should have been my first clue. If you need to get any child older than about 5 or a dog (which is exactly what they show in the new RXL commercial), the 3rd row is physically impossible to use. Not just cramped, not just tight, both of which I expected. Literally physically impossible to use and completely worthless. It was such a disappointment. We ended up buying the highest optioned Toyota Highlander (AWD hybrid limited platinum) instead. Not quite a Lexus, but darn, darn close and a bit cheaper too. I was so excited waiting for the RXL, but it's a complete whiff with regard to the 3rd row, which is what we were holding out for. I still love the two row version, the RX is still a great vehicle, but the RXL turned out to be completely pointless.