Used 2001 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

comfy suv
By John

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had this suv since new- still happy with it. Not the best looking , not the best handling , not the most technologically advanced , but - still won't part with it. Has very good outward visibility , comfortable on long trips with good storage. It has been very reliable and I can depend on it. Not bad for an old guy like me .... ;)

Still going strong!
By MnNice

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my RX in 2011 with 128,000 miles. It is now at 188,000 miles and still running great. It handles so well in snow and slippery conditions. Great winter car! The air conditioning still works, I have had to have a few repairs done. Timing belt and other belts. The heater stopped working last year, and they had to fix the heater door which was around $500. I recommend using high mileage oil for oil changes. There are a few glitches with it, the driver side power window doesn't go all the way up in humid or rainy weather. The check engine lights have been going on and off since I bought the car. The overall style is a bit stodgy looking, but it feels like a very safe car and I still see a lot of them on the road.

Update 6/18, my mother now owns my car and likes the handling and comfortable ride.

How about this for a catchy title----OVER 203,000
By Michael

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Over 203,000 miles and STILL GOING. Bought this car with 60,000 miles back in 2008. Just minor repairs since. At 150,000 miles my mechanic replaced water pump, all hoses and gaskets, along with timing belt for $1000 total. Keep in mind, this was all preventive maintenance that I requested even though nothing was wrong with the car. The only negative I might improve upon is the thin leather covering the seats. Could be a little better quality. Now I am looking for another car but am hesitant to give up this car as I am worried about the quality of my next car.

Wonderful SUV - No Issues until 130,000 Miles
By Queen

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this SUV for 14 years, started having issues with the Transmission and replaced it in 2015. Also can not automaticly open the doors with key as locks and passenger windows no longer work. have to work them manually. As she is 16 years old I had to replace an Oxygen sensor, wheel bearing and the writing on the on and off buttons are wearing off. However she has stood the test of time and she is still running and looks good. Overall I have not had to make lots of costly repairs, just followed the normal maintenace routines.

Will purchase a Lexus AGAIN!
By Cassandra

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is reliable!