Used 2000 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used GS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GS400

Jon Link, 08/09/2005

I have owned several Toyota Supras and this sedan is the next best thing! Great performance and head turning looks in a reliable package add up to an incredible vehicle.

I finally got the dream car

Thespian, 06/02/2003

8 years ago on my honeymoon, we got an upgrade to a 95 GS300. After driving it I knew I would always pine for one of my own. Well, I finally stepped up and bought a used GS400 model and have not stopped grinning since. I live down a long, curvy country road and I look forward to that drive every day. I play with the manual shifting option (wish it would shift more quickly), the POWER option, or economy mode with the VSC feature enabled. I haven't been let down yet. It's a roomy car with very comfortable seats and easy to see gauges and instruments. The steering is slightly loose with a bit of an understeer, but that's what you get with the luxury ride.

19 years & counting

Beth, 03/29/2019
4dr Sedan

Still love this car! Fully loaded, 1 owner, paid sticker in June 2000-bidding war for car & I had first option . 185099 miles to date & still smooth & powerful. Everything still works like new except navigation needs a second update. V8 with manual option for fun-spoiled me forever...

favorite car so far..

2fast4u, 11/23/2019
4dr Sedan

can beat the car while in performance mode. despite the light weight and rear wheel drive, the gs400 handles like a tank while in snow mode making it extremely easy to maneuver the car on the worst of roads. not only does the car stop incredibly fast, it also sticks to the road like glue in the corners. aftermarket suspension could have possibly played a factor in that

Not Happy With Purchase

Gwen, 04/13/2008

I was surprised to find out how many problems I've had out of this car. I've had two Camrys in the past and had minimal problems so I expected the same with the Lexus. I have handling problems. 3 different repair shops have not been able to get the alignment right. I've had recurring windshield wiper problems (they stop working even though motor has been replaced). I've also had recurring brake problems (replacement of pads and calipers). Really expected more stability and reliability out of Lexus.