Skip to main content

4.3 out of 5 stars
26 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2021 ES 300h, so we've included reviews for other years of the ES 300h since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Beautiful car! Better ride!

Pat Kunnecke, 01/16/2021
2021 Lexus ES 300h Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I love to travel and have gone through three ES models before this purchase. Just love the ride and luxury interior. Decided on the 300h this time and are very pleased. Still a smooth ride with plenty of pickup for the interstate on ramps. But now we add the 40+ mpg for both in town and long trips. It’s a beautiful ride.

ES300h Ultra Luxury

Richard from Myrtle Beach, 12/29/2019
updated 07/06/2020
2020 Lexus ES 300h Ultra Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This model has all of the bells and whistles that I wanted. Plus some new features I didn't know it had. For example, a forward camera that also provides a visual image when pulling up to a curb so you don't hit the front grille area. After driving the car for six months I still love it but with two noticeable issues. 1) I received a Recall Notice that certain engine blocks were defective so the entire engine must be replaced to avoid a possible fire. A defective engine will be replaced free of charge. 2) The steering column and seat height requires constant adjustment to avoid having my knee hit the steering column when braking. Evidently the steering column is slightly lower than previous models. Being tall I didn’t have this issue with my 2005 Lexus ES 330.

Love! Love! My Lexus !

Patricia, 05/21/2021
2021 Lexus ES 300h Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First of all I’m such a lexus fan once I had my first Lexus never looked back! My current hybrid is so smooth and I can’t remember the last time I had to put gas in it! I’m loving the smooth drive, beautiful interior and exterior, luxurious car and the fact that I can enjoy it without putting gas for over a month is a dream😄

Nicely Appointed Mid-Size Hybrid

Richard, 11/28/2020
2021 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Full set of modern safety features. Roomy trunk. Great deal on lease. Very comfortable. Hybrid drive very smooth and efficient. Able to connect Android cell phone to screen; can use Google Maps. Poor choice of exterior colors, but they had one my wife liked. Dealer sent out person to do orientation for all the features; he stayed 2.5 hours till we knew all the features and "buttonology."

Smooth as silk

Mr. Lefty, 08/28/2022
updated 03/04/2024
2021 Lexus ES 300h Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Update from original review: I have owned multiple Hybrids and Multiple EVs. After 4 years on a model 3 Long Range i decided to move on While the torque and not paying for gas was enjoyable there are zero regrets one month into Lexus ownership. There is no comparison when you compare the Luxury and finish of the 300h to the M3. The ride is smooth and the torque on sport mode is not to shabby. I was getting 45-47 MPG when I first purchased the car but since writing the original review getting more 40-41 MPG but I think that's based on where I am.driving more than a degradation in MPG I like the tech in the 300H and while the M3 has more bells and whistles as far as some of the useless tech ( netflix), the constant updates and changes to the UI are actually confusing. Lexus is real luxury and refined finish.By the way no unexpected service costs and I can safely say a year and a half after my original review still 5 stars.

4 out of 5 stars