Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews

Used LR2 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Fantastic SUV for City or Mountains

Bill H, 02/22/2016
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Find a good mechanic. Land Rover parts are pricey. But otherwise, this is an awesome vehicle that looks great, drives great, handles about anything you throw at it... from snowy mountain trails to looking good when handing the keys to a valet!

Cons and Pros

mgur1, 05/18/2010
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned fully loaded LR2 after lease with 32K on it. After first six months was thinking to keep it. Sluggish acceleration was only one thing bothered me. On a highway you can use a sport mode to go uphill or to pass another vehicle, but in a city it doesn't help. Soon multiple recalls and electronical problems started building up like snowball and that turned me off. Steering pump broke, heated seats element burned, sunroof went off the rails, check engine light, air pressure gages mulfunctioned, fuel gage drops on zero and "Low Fuel" warning beeps with more than half tank of gas. Dealer fixed it, after two weeks got same thing. Bluetooth drops signal very often

Reliability is the problem

BAD choice ;LR2, 10/25/2010
HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Once i saw this car i loved the exterior and interior and lots of extras it came with. So i dropped my first choice back then which was the vw Touareg, as i had a concern about the vw reliability. Unfortunately i was totally wrong cause it i never suffered with a car like this LR2, every now and then it should be towed to the dealer for electrical problems, that actually there is no real solution for them. Engine fault and transmission fault are keeping flashing in your face! tail gate got stuck more than once. What a great loss i had spent a fortune to own this LR2 and i cannot depend for long journeys in it.

24 months and still going strong

Land Rover Lover, 09/03/2009
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my LR2 for 24 months now. This was my 1st land rover purchase but definitely won't be my last. The only problems I have had over the past 2 years have been very minor and very easily and quickly resolved by excellent service at my dealer. I still get many admiring looks and questions about my Tambora Flame colored LR2. I would have paid thousands more for a comparably equipped X3, Q5, or RX350. Considering that routine maintenance was also included sealed the deal. Overall, I have been very happy with my purchase and am always surprised to hear stories of "bad experiences" with LR2's since my experience has been the exact opposite (dependable, comfortable, and reliable).

3 Year Report

Rick G., 08/24/2010
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Tambora Flame LR2 just turned 3 years old. I am still completely satisfied with this vehicle. It has remained very dependable, comfortable, and fun to drive. Outside of regular maintenance, it has only been in for service for a couple of very minor issues over the past 3 years. It still gets lots of looks and I still get lots of positive comments from people. It is a really nice mix of a rugged "go anywhere" SUV and a comfortable luxury SUV at a very reasonable price considering all the standard equipment it came with. I am still very happy with my purchase.

12345...25