Used 2012 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

Used Optima for Sale
Select your model:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Don't be fooled by the Badge

thorlo, 02/21/2012
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned Dozens of new cars, including,7/ VW's,3/BMW's,3/Audi's,2/Acura's,1/Jag& a M-B. All were special in their own way, But as far as Packaging, performance, style, funtion, and safety rating (NHTSA/IIHS), My 2012 Kia Optima SX, is by far the best car I've ever Owned. it feels as solid as any of them. And on my trip From Texas to Va. I got 33 true MPG, at speeds somewhat above those posted. so a word to the wise car shopper, Don't be fooled by the Badge.

Excellent Cost / Benefit

seson, 02/24/2012
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Researched and compared to the Malibu, Camry, Accord, Altima, etc., and found this to be the best choice for me. Quiet and smooth ride, stunning looks, good interior materials, Bluetooth, USB, 10/10 drive train, 60/60 bumper to bumper (lifetime drive train from the dealer). With what Kia includes even on the LX AT, I've only added a factory spoiler and window tint. All this for under 20K after rebates..Gas mileage has been 25 around the city and up to 36 on the Hwy. Best of all, it's made here in the USA by American workers in Georgia.

2012 Kia Optima SX

cdh906, 04/02/2012
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have now had my SX for a little over a month, its a big step up from my '96 Camry. I wanted a fun, reliable car that was comfortable with luxury amenities that could handle my 90 mi round trip commute, yet was fun. I looked at Audi A3 (D), Ford Fusion, Focus, VW Golf (D) and decided the best bang for my buck was the Kia Optima. I got leather, fun, outstanding warranty, great design, all the fancy features I wanted, none of the add ons I didn't want. I paid $29,200 out the door for a white 2012 Kia Optima with Touring and Premium Package (no nav), I talked them down by using email, it helped a lot rather than on the phone or in person, allowed me time to choose words carefully.

Very pleasantly surprised

country6543, 06/22/2012
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife totalled her 300C and we looked at new cars for almost 8 months. With the way the economy was I wanted fuel efficient but she wanted sporty and fun to drive. Looked at all the different family cars out there and then drove the optima SX turbo. The features that set the Optima apart was the very roomy back seat for the kids, Great looks and fuel economy. We have around 8,000 miles on the vehicle and still love it. No problems, No noises and she gets raving compliments everywhere she goes. She drives mostly city with a little highway driving. City mpg is about 19-21 but highway mpg is right on the button at 33. I am 6'2" and have no problem with comfort, front or back.

Update on Infinity Sound quality

fixer199, 01/31/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I posted in early January about the center dash speakers overpowering the rest. Turns out it was a bad amplifier. Got it replaced today under warranty. Now the Infinity system sounds like something Harmon Kardon can be proud of! We now have 1600 miles on the car and like it more all the time. That amplifier is the only defect we've found. We carefully log our gas use & got 25.06 mpg for the first 1,066 miles of 100% city driving. Only one trip out of town & got 31.9 mpg with lots of hills and slow downs for small towns.

12345...25