2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid Consumer Reviews

EX 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Fantastic Choice/vehicle
By Paul G

2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Car gets great gas mileage, plenty of room and comfort, and all the bells and whistles you need. Averaging nearly 80mph!! The only minor flaw with this vehicle is the undersized trunk space. Other than that great choice with nearly $13,000 in rebates!

Great car on a cheap lease
By Big Al

2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Huge rebate made the car very affordable. The information system allows me to drive efficiently. Very roomy interior.

Let Down by Poor Technology
By SeikoD

2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I am an automotive enthusiast used to driving more sports-oriented cars but wanted something better for the environment as I live in a city with terrible air quality. To that end, the car is working exactly as advertised: for my frequent around town trips, I use almost no gas (I think 7 gallons over my first 1,000 miles of driving). So, while I love the car for its electric range, appearance, and comfort, the infotainment system is driving me absolutely crazy. I wouldn't have thought a poor touchscreen experience would be a big deal before I bought the car, but just imagine having to wait 15 - 30 seconds for it to boot up before you can adjust the climate control, use the backup camera, or listen to the music you want. Infuriating! Also, you have to plug in your iphone to use apple car play (no bluetooth capability in 2017? give me a break). Also, the app is a joke, it takes FOREVER to connect to the car for monitoring battery charge, security, and turning on climate control (so long that I usually sign in and walk away from my phone because I know it will take an eternity to connect, and even then it still fails quite often). On top of that, the Kia financing website where I pay for my lease is a joke as well, always seeming to have some excuse as to why I can't set up auto payments (again, unacceptable in this day and age). So overall I am enjoying the car for what it is, heck, even the acceleration and handling aren't too bad, but all of Kia's tech issues are going to scare me away to another manufacturer for my next car.

Incentive couldn’t be passed up.
By Rich

2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Have a Tesla 3 on order. With the EV credit in 2018 in jepody, I couldn’t pass up on this deal.

I made the right choice
By Volo R

2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I made the right choice, enjoy every ride. My daily commute is around 30 milrs, I've been driving just one thousand miles and still have a quarter of fuel tank! Electric drive is quiet and yet quite powerful!