Skip to main content

$25,090

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Two steps forward, two steps backward

PF, 08/24/2022
EX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2019 Kia Optima EX. I traded it in for a 2023 Kia K5 EX with the Premium package, home link mirror, puddle lights and mud flaps. The good; I think the car looks great! sporty exterior and the interior is well thought out. The lane keeping assist is fantastic and improved over the 2019 version I had in the Optima. The 360 camera is really useful. I like the radio, intuitive... The split screen large display is very nice. Ventilated seats work great, lots of space in the cabin and trunk. The gas mileage is also excellent, up to 41 mpg in a tank so far! The Bad; Items missing... Smart Cruise control sensitivity adjustment is not included, my car will jump up to 6,000 rpm when making speed adjustments. It red lines at 6500. A jarring experience which is hurting my insurance score for aggressive acceleration violations as a result. The 2019 Optima SCC was adjustable. The K5 brouchure lists this adjustment as standard, it is not. No interior LED accent lighting (the 2019 Optima had this). The mirrors fold when the car is locked, however you cannot disable the feature. Not looking forward to ice storms this winter with my mirror locked in the folded position due to icing. The K5 brochure lists the disable function as a feature with instructions on how to use it, but it is not included. No rain sensing wipers for 2023, they had them in 2022. Finally, the seats are NOT leather. The material feels like a rubber wet suit, it is not smooth or easy to move around on and the material gets much hotter than leather. I bought the top trim level based on the features listed in the brochure, some of which I had also enjoyed in the K5 EX's 2019 counterpart. Other features advertised would constitute an improvement over the 2019 version, but they don't exist as advertised. The K5 EX cost $11,000 more than the top of the line Optima did 3 years ago. I wouldn't mind IF the some of the quality and convenience features were not missing or been downgraded. If I would have known of the downgraded features and had sat in the seats for a while before purchasing, I probably would have gotten an accord. It has leather seats and all the convenience features that were dropped for the 2023 K5. With the supply chain issues there were no cars available to test drive over a 3 month period. Normally one could take a close look at a vehicle before deciding. Not the case currently. I hope this information is helpful to you in making a purchasing decision.

3 out of 5 stars

GT-Line is what i want

LittleTyson, 07/30/2022
GT-Line 4dr Sedan AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchase the vehicle 3 days ago, i searched about it a lot, i got the GT-Line with Wolf Gray and Red Interior which is rare and hard to find. Gas/mileage is impressive and the vehicle is so good. Everyone is looking at me. People always asking what car it is and if there was no KIA logo nobody gonna know, someone asked me if its a dodge challenger or something, people always try to race with me but naa its a 1.6 vehicle and i wont race with someone, material is nice, drive is smooth, smart cruise is great. If they dont do a better 2024 model, ill keep this car as long as possible and take care it well, im sadly watching my mileage goes up but i love everything about the car.

IN LOVE!

Melinda Baker, 07/15/2022
GT-Line 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love everything about this car. The look, the feel, all of it! It drives very smoothly and quiet and is so comfortable. The display is nice and big and perfect for media and navigation. All of the extra features don't hurt either, like the wireless phone charger or KIA Connect App capabilities. I could not recommend this car more. The miles per gallon is also a huge bonus considering gas prices these days!

my wolf baby

august mauro , 08/31/2022
GT-Line 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

i don’t like it i love it !

2019 Optima EX vs 2023 K5 GT GT1

Roderick, 09/21/2022
GT 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I love the power in the engine, i really enjoy the look and feel of the infotainment system. i wish kia would get with the times and have wireless projection of android auto/apple carplay. in my 2019 Optima EX, the lane keeping assist was almost flawless, it was slightly lacking on really tight curves of the highway but i feel that is reasonable. with the 2023 GT GT1, the lane keeping assist is almost dangerous. it seems to have extreme amounts of torque and cannot measure the center of the lane correctly, it is constantly pulling the car out of the lane, especially on curves. The steering assist is even worse... it stays on all the way to zero mph and turns the wheel for no reason at a stop. if you are taking a 25mph TIGHT exit ramp it will GREATLY over-correct the turn and do it extremely quickly, i find myself fighting the lanekeep assist, and steering assist constantly if im not going in a straight line. I do prefer the Harmon/Kardon system in the 2019 Optima as it had a cleaner sound in my opinion. Although the Bose sound is pretty good. also THANK YOU KIA for the remote start on the actual remote. jeez. finally. the only other thing i dont appreciate is how easy it is to scratch the glossy finished trim inside the car. and they got rid of the handle to close the trunk????? Also got rid of the button to open the gas cap??? those were key features i really enjoyed on my optima!

3 out of 5 stars