Used 2009 INFINITI M35 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Great Car
By CA Wisc

2009 INFINITI M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a handsome, well appointed, solid car that has bullet proof reliability, this is your car. I traded in a 2006 that I had bought for 20K (in 2009) with 30 some K miles on it for a used 2009. The dealership gave me 10K for the 2006 in trade value on a used car price of 17K. The trade in was 5 years later with 109K miles on the car! In all that time on the 2006, I blew a belt and replaced brakes (other than normal maintenance). Have had the 2009 for a year plus, no issues aside from normal maintenance, still tight, no rattles, car now has 85K on it. Rides slightly stiffer than my old 2006, but has a bit more horses and way better sound system/tech. I am not a big Bose fan when it comes to automobiles, but this (upgraded) sound system with Center-point is outstanding. Are there some things that could be better? Yes, it could have another 100 horses, ride like a limo and corner like a Corvette. But then it would be out of my price range. Ok, road noise could be a little better, and I wish they had put the 7 speed in the X. Other than that, I honestly don't know why there aren't a lot more of these on the road. Heck of a car. UPDATE March 2017. Still going strong, still great car.

Near perfect balance between luxury and sport
By autolover55

2009 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Consumer Reports hit the nail on the head when they rated the M35 their #1 mid-size luxury/sport car. Bought a 2009 M35 w/ Nav & Tech pkg in Feb 2010 after my 2005 Honda Accord was destroyed by a fallen tree. Owned: one year. Never a problem. Great handling, pickup, & very reliable. Guess it helps to keep up with maintenance. Radio & 6-disc CD player was adequate for me. Nav, easy to operate once I learned it. Decided to trade because of lousy fuel mileage (17-18 mpg), wanted lower pymts, & a smaller car. Bought 2005 BMW 330i sedan - very satisfied so far. If Infiniti would spend more time improving gas mileage and less time designing needless gadgets this car would fly out of dealerships.

Handling, design, performance, reliability, interior layout. Navigation, backup camera, smooth shifting 7-speed automatic transmission.

Improve fuel mileage. Don't need three different ways to operate the radio. Fold-down rear seats is a very nice feature to have.

2009 Infiniti M35X
By lanthorne

2009 INFINITI M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a used M35X from the dealer last month. It had 18,000 miles on it and was a rental car in its previous life. I have had the car for about 1 month now. The car drives really well. The acceleration is very good. The interior is spacious and well designed. This car has the Premium Technology package and is full of cool features. It is the top pick in the Consumer Reports evaluation for mid-size luxury cars. Reliability is next only to the Lexus LS 430 according to Consumer Reports. The only issue is with the Rear Crash ratings from IIHS which is "Poor" compared to an Acura RL which is rated Good on all the tests. The Road Noise can be lower although the engine hum is enjoyable.

Technology features like the Hard Disk for storing Music, Steering wheel and seat position that adjust automatically.

Less road noise, smoother steering wheel and more sensitive system to turn off the turn signal once you are done with a slight turn.

WORST Technology On The Market
By LGMWireless

2009 INFINITI M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Lexus customer for 12 years. We shopped around and found the M35X. They pushed their technology so much at the dealership we felt it had to be as good as Lexus if not better. Boy were we wrong. Unfortunately I now have 38 months of this nightmare left. I returned an 06 Lexus GS, which my phone the Palm Pre had no trouble pairing with the Bluetooth. My 09 M35X does not work at all with these phones. Static all the time and that supposedly great Bose radio that lowers and loudens itself at will comes on and off during a conversation. Then there is the nav - what a waste of money. No points of interest. Been lost a lot lately. $53000 really Infiniti. Entire system was replaced by dealer, no luck.

The car itself is beautiful and has a really nice ride.

Fix it update your technology and you will have a great car.

Outstanding Car
By Frank M

2009 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just traded a 2006 M45, which I loved, for this car. I got the M35 to save a few bucks and get better gas mileage. The M35 with the 7 speed is almost as quick as the M45. The car rides great and is fun to drive, I got the Tech and Advanced Tech with Sport Packages. Love the DVD player, new 7 speed transmission with sport mode, hard disk music box, IPOD hook up, navigation and touch screen. All but the DVD and navigation are new features my 2006 did not have. I got the Blue Slate with black interior and it looks great!

The car is great - instant throttle response, amazing handling, quiet ride, all the technology and 14 speaker sound. The music box is great, just drop in a CD and it records and stores it on the hard disk, up to 2900 songs! Also, it is the largest and easiest to get in and out of in it's class!

Gas mileage could be better, but the car is geared to give V-8 performance and it does. The IPOD dock does not charge the IPOD, this should be corrected as the IPOD battery will drain and die without notice, this happened twice to me. However, once I get the music box loaded I won't need the IPOD!