Used 2006 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews

Used G35 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...39

Pros
Cons

Mr.

gatillo21, 05/27/2010

Recently bought the car. I did a lot of research before deciding to go with the Infiniti. I was in love with the Lexus IS350 until I found the G35X. I was looking for a 4 doors that was comfortable for me and my family, had style, AWD and power. The Infiniti won, and for the price is a real bargain. I see people buy new Toyotas and Hyundai for the same price I bought my Infiniti. 280 HP, AWD, leather, style, luxury, what else do you need? Before buying a slow BMW just for the badge go and test drive the G, it will change your mind.

Worth Every Penny

OzmanWizard, 01/06/2019
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car's best characteristics are real wheel drive, acceleration, performance and handling. I bought mine CPO in 2007 with about 16k miles and now I'm at 104k miles. The hums today the same as it did when I first purchased it. Repairs are almost non existent - it's overall engine and transmission quality are excellent. It's one of those cars where you get "bored" in that it starts every time and runs excellent. I've had a few wear and tear repairs, brakes, fuel pump but pretty much every other repair has been routine maintenance. It has amazing pickup. If you're seeking an excellent used car that will hit 200k miles, this is one of only a few cars that can do that. The only pet peeve I have is the interior leather. After 100k miles the arm rest has developed a rip, the inside leather panel that connects to the arm rest was only glued on and the leather has separated from the door panel (poor design) and the dash has a small crack in it. Mind you I've lived primarily in Texas with a brief time in Florida so it's been in high heat environments. However, The door panel issue is really irritating. Having said that, when you drive it, the G35 is incredibly responsive and drives like a dream. This is a performance car so you're going to feel connected to the road - it's not a luxury ride but a sporty drive.

Well designed sports sedan

g35dave, 04/05/2017
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35 used with only 12k miles and now it has 101k. I love the design of the G35, both inside and out. The interior is very classy and sleek. I think the later updates like the G37 lost some of the good looks. The performance is fun, and though the car feels heavy on the road, it's fun to drive, and the engine sound is great. It jumps off the line, but the AT shifting isn't the smoothest. I've been disappointed by the gas mileage, often around 16mpg in the city and 24 on the highway. With climate change out of control and oil companies controlling our government, I hate giving money to those sociopaths. My next car will be electric. You can't rotate the tires, so they don't last super long. It has some serious blind spots you need to be aware of. And there are a few problem areas that pop up - control arm bushings go bad, brakes don't last too long and tend to squeal, a bad cam shaft sensor recently made my car die on the freeway, truck release wire snapped, miscellaneous electrical issues, and a lot of random rattles and ticks in the dashboard that can't be located or silenced. I wouldn't say it's unreliable, but it's not the most reliable car I've owned. My wife has a bad back and the passenger seat isn't comfortable for her. All these issues aside, I've really enjoyed the car and don't regret buying it.

Great Car

pheonix5, 07/14/2013

I have had this car 7 months and it has been a great car. It is very comfortable and can boost a persons driving confidence with its stability program. It has a lot of great things like its amazing looks and comfortable seating. warning the trunk is EXTREMLY small in the coupe (one suit bag and a couple of small bags. It has a large gas tank in that my average fill is usually 57 to 64 liters.

Replaced Transmission with less than 40k miles. Manufacturer has no influence over dealership

yogiowner, 08/16/2011

My car is almost five years old. I tried to keep it in tip top condition. It has less than 50k miles, I changed oil regularly, changed tires, fluids, etc. Went through FOUR dealerships. NONE of them did what I asked. Three of them tried to fleece me. One drove my car for eleven miles, when i brought it in for a manufacturer's recall item. Then they came back with some nonsense repairs they wanted to make, that weren't needed. After replacing the transmission, the starter is malfunctioning. Instead of doing the thorough check I asked for, they want me to bring it in for a scheduled maintenance next month. Can you say FRAUD! Don't know what to do next, but I will do something

12345...39