Used 2006 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Turns into a pretty lemon
By CJ

2006 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Make sure you get a full diagnostic on it. I had a headgasket issue at 150k miles. The repair cost more than the car. Ended up scrapping it. It was a fun and a snappy car when it was running at 100%. The massive fuel tank took me from texas to Wisconsin on 2.5 fuel trips. Since i dont know squat about the mechanical upkeep of cars i ended up getting rid of it. However if you are mechanically inclined, this vehicle whouldve had easily another 100k on it. Only if you baby it (i still let the car rip on highways in the middle of nowhere).

Fantastic and Reliable Car!
By Jack

2006 INFINITI G35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has one of the highest rated engines worldwide and had been totally reliable for me, over the past 7 years.

Well designed sports sedan
By g35dave

2006 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35 used with only 12k miles and now it has 101k. I love the design of the G35, both inside and out. The interior is very classy and sleek. I think the later updates like the G37 lost some of the good looks. The performance is fun, and though the car feels heavy on the road, it's fun to drive, and the engine sound is great. It jumps off the line, but the AT shifting isn't the smoothest. I've been disappointed by the gas mileage, often around 16mpg in the city and 24 on the highway. With climate change out of control and oil companies controlling our government, I hate giving money to those sociopaths. My next car will be electric. You can't rotate the tires, so they don't last super long. It has some serious blind spots you need to be aware of. And there are a few problem areas that pop up - control arm bushings go bad, brakes don't last too long and tend to squeal, a bad cam shaft sensor recently made my car die on the freeway, truck release wire snapped, miscellaneous electrical issues, and a lot of random rattles and ticks in the dashboard that can't be located or silenced. I wouldn't say it's unreliable, but it's not the most reliable car I've owned. My wife has a bad back and the passenger seat isn't comfortable for her. All these issues aside, I've really enjoyed the car and don't regret buying it.

Hugs the road
By ron mcclain

2006 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 63k miles now. It's been incredibly reliable, and fun to drive. I Love everything about it, except the gas mileage, which has averaged 17.9mpg. With the manual transmission, I do drive it HARD though. But it's time for some true American Muscle so I'll be selling it for a Challenger SRT8,with a manual transmission of course.

This car is quick and fun to drive.
By Ed

2006 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not terrific on gas mileage. But it handles and sounds great.