Used 2006 INFINITI FX45 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 INFINITI FX45 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

An SUV with the heart of a sports car.
By Jackson Croy

2006 INFINITI FX45 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I got this car as my first car, and I love it! I have almost 200,000 miles on the car, and no issues! There have been a couple of minor safety recalls, but the dealership was incredibly helpful with getting the repairs done at no cost. I love the way the car drives. It is very fast, and will outrun most who challenge it. It also steers and breaks incredibly well. Parts and maintenance costs are relatively low compared to our Land Rover. The car is truly a luxurious escape as soon as you get in. The leather is of good quality, and it has held up extremely well. I cannot recommend this car enough!

Really sharp SUV
By kevinginny

2006 INFINITI FX45 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Great performance SUV. Everyone has their take on the styling, I happen to love it. My wife has a Nissan Maxima and I had a hard time believing that the 3.5 V6 could push this big SUV around, so that's why I went for the FX45. Great power, great torque and I love the engine "note". The SUV really handles very well. The compromise to the styling is a pretty small cargo area. The "stiff ride" everyone talks about works VERY well for me. My Chevy Avalanche felt like I was driving a sofa around corners, the FX45 is very tight, but it's not a cushy ride. So far I love my FX45.

Styling, performance, build quality.

Entering the rear seats takes a bit of a limbo move to avoid the long door. Again, as part of the styling there isn't a lot of cargo room.

Fun Sporty SUV
By Heather

2006 INFINITI FX45 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a soft, cushy ride and great gas mileage, this car is not for you. If you are looking for an SUV that drives like a sports car, get an FX45. The FX45 seems similar to the G35 I traded, just higher off the ground and bigger. Ride is a bit bumpy, but that is what you get with an SUV that is built on a sports car platform. The only down side for me is the gas mileage. I have been getting between 15 and 17 mpg around town. I was debating between the 35 and the 45, went with the 45 because it feels "heavier" when you drive it and the gas mileage is about the same (the V8 doesn't have to work as hard). Also looked at BMW and Lexus SUV...the FX45 won me over by far!

body style, safety, fun to drive

too much "stuff" on the dash board; gas mileage

Whoosh!
By TB

2006 INFINITI FX45 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Have now put about 15k on my FX45. It is a blast to drive! It corners like a sports car and is very fast. My only suggested change is to offer a softer suspension option. Some people do not like the sports car "feel." You do notice the expansion joints and potholes but no more so than in a Grand Cherokee Overland (my last vehicle). The rear camera is fabulous and the sound system is near perfect. Seats are great and the handling is superb. I have had no mechanical problems at all. Storage space is a little tight for an SUV, but the FX45 is all about driving, not hauling gear. If you love driving but need to carry a load sometimes, this is the vehicle for you. Well done Infiniti!

Handling. Acceleration. Sirius radio. Navigation. Seats.

option for softer suspension or ability to switch like the GTR

Love the car - but it's not effortless
By JCB

2006 INFINITI FX45 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car; quick and responsive; good handling; roomy and plenty of head room (husband 6'3"). Love the backup camera. You have to hold on to the steering wheel to drive this car - gets a little tiring.

Steering the car takes focus - we like the handling and responsiveness of the car; just can't sit back and relax to drive it.