Used 2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Hyundai - Please Bring Veracruz Model Back
By RAS

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, would have bought another if the had not been discontinued/ replaced by Santa Fe 7 passenger

Hyundai - Please Bring Veracruz Model Back
By RAS

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car
By Tbs0711

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. I wish the 2018 had some of the same nice upgrades that my 2010 has. It's crazy my 2010, is nicer on the inside then the 2018.

Why I won't buy a Hyundai again
By Alan

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

11/5/17: I sold the car last month. Replacement vehicle will be a Honda CRV.

5/3/17: Since my review I posted concerning an oil leak recall I have had the following issues with the vehicle which now has 68,000 miles. Discussed two additional oil leaks on two different occasion and late last month the engine seized up and the dealer found metal shavings in the oil pan. Had to replace the entire engine. So the net is 3 oil leaks and an engine replacement all by 68,000 miles. The cost to repair all of this is over $10,000.

Since the I bought my Veracruz as a 2 year old vehicle with 20000 miles on it. I got a good price from a dealer. While I haven't needed to have the car into the shop very often (currently 66,000 miles) there are things about the vehicle that will keep me from buying another Hyundai. I have found you get what you pay for. First, the car was modeled after a Lexus RX, meaning Hyundai used the RX and the standard for the product. A couple of years into ownership I received a recall from Hyundai that there was an oil leak on my car and that it had to be repaired. Vehicles today are largely designed to go 100,000 miles or more without any major issues, but having an oil leak on a car at less than 50,000 miles is unheard of; it just doesn't happen any more. A few thousand miles later, after it had be repaired by the dealer, it was determined it was still leaking oil The dealership replace the defective gasket with the same gasket system, which proceeded to leak. Hyundai has not redesigned the defective part. Duh! The new gasket seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed. Also the driver seat is wearing very fast (poor material quality). There is a clanking noise when I put the car in reverse (transmission problems??). Who knows. I'm going to go back to my Japanese imports. While they are not perfect, I haven't experiences problems like this in 25 years of ownership of Toyotas and Hondas.

Best reliable Car I ever had after 5 years of use.
By wizeman10

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is great in comfort and amenities as of 2010 cars go. I have travelled long distances and the car performed flawlessly in many regards including road noise and acceleration. Gas consumption is normal for a 3.8L engine if you drive responsibly. The only problem is the driving range -around 250 miles. The gas tank can be larger for sure. But reliability is extremely high as is comfort level ans spaciousness.Could it be better? Sure, but compared to my Highlander it beats it hands down in value & comfort. Still as of this review update, I still own the car and it is still a pleasure to drive. The only issue that the design of avoiding sun reflection & dashboard illumination in daytime driving could have been better designed.
UPDATE:
As of today, December 19th, 2016 this car is still performing flawlessly all the time on good roads & bad. In good weather and bad. I had to replace the Brake lights myself. All other lights work from the day I bought the car. Many a time I had to travel long distances at night. No problems! I use Mobil One Synthetic. Astonishingly I am seeing that model car & year more & more on the roads. I asked one owner as we parked at Costco together, he is delighted as myself.
Would buy this car again if they bring it back. I have now replaced the belt, coolant, brakes and tires and the Battery. This car moves, plenty of power couple with comfort.
Truly amazing..

Update Dec 19, 2017
This car is still amazing. Rides in more comfort than many newer cars. Only problem is the combination turn/lights lever combo. The switch for lights is affected by the turn motion. However, if set to auto-light, no problems at all. Very happy with this car overall performance. I refuse to sell it. Very stable on the road, and is extremely comfortable on long trips like driving almost 600 miles in one trip. Love it..