Used 2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Love this car
By Tbs0711

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. I wish the 2018 had some of the same nice upgrades that my 2010 has. It's crazy my 2010, is nicer on the inside then the 2018.

Why I won't buy a Hyundai again
By Alan

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

11/5/17: I sold the car last month. Replacement vehicle will be a Honda CRV.

5/3/17: Since my review I posted concerning an oil leak recall I have had the following issues with the vehicle which now has 68,000 miles. Discussed two additional oil leaks on two different occasion and late last month the engine seized up and the dealer found metal shavings in the oil pan. Had to replace the entire engine. So the net is 3 oil leaks and an engine replacement all by 68,000 miles. The cost to repair all of this is over $10,000.

Since the I bought my Veracruz as a 2 year old vehicle with 20000 miles on it. I got a good price from a dealer. While I haven't needed to have the car into the shop very often (currently 66,000 miles) there are things about the vehicle that will keep me from buying another Hyundai. I have found you get what you pay for. First, the car was modeled after a Lexus RX, meaning Hyundai used the RX and the standard for the product. A couple of years into ownership I received a recall from Hyundai that there was an oil leak on my car and that it had to be repaired. Vehicles today are largely designed to go 100,000 miles or more without any major issues, but having an oil leak on a car at less than 50,000 miles is unheard of; it just doesn't happen any more. A few thousand miles later, after it had be repaired by the dealer, it was determined it was still leaking oil The dealership replace the defective gasket with the same gasket system, which proceeded to leak. Hyundai has not redesigned the defective part. Duh! The new gasket seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed. Also the driver seat is wearing very fast (poor material quality). There is a clanking noise when I put the car in reverse (transmission problems??). Who knows. I'm going to go back to my Japanese imports. While they are not perfect, I haven't experiences problems like this in 25 years of ownership of Toyotas and Hondas.

Best reliable Car I ever had after 5 years of use.
By wizeman10

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is great in comfort and amenities as of 2010 cars go. I have travelled long distances and the car performed flawlessly in many regards including road noise and acceleration. Gas consumption is normal for a 3.8L engine if you drive responsibly. The only problem is the driving range -around 250 miles. The gas tank can be larger for sure. But reliability is extremely high as is comfort level ans spaciousness.Could it be better? Sure, but compared to my Highlander it beats it hands down in value & comfort. Still as of this review update, I still own the car and it is still a pleasure to drive. The only issue that the design of avoiding sun reflection & dashboard illumination in daytime driving could have been better designed.
UPDATE:
As of today, December 19th, 2016 this car is still performing flawlessly all the time on good roads & bad. In good weather and bad. I had to replace the Brake lights myself. All other lights work from the day I bought the car. Many a time I had to travel long distances at night. No problems! I use Mobil One Synthetic. Astonishingly I am seeing that model car & year more & more on the roads. I asked one owner as we parked at Costco together, he is delighted as myself.
Would buy this car again if they bring it back. I have now replaced the belt, coolant, brakes and tires and the Battery. This car moves, plenty of power couple with comfort.
Truly amazing..

Update Dec 19, 2017
This car is still amazing. Rides in more comfort than many newer cars. Only problem is the combination turn/lights lever combo. The switch for lights is affected by the turn motion. However, if set to auto-light, no problems at all. Very happy with this car overall performance. I refuse to sell it. Very stable on the road, and is extremely comfortable on long trips like driving almost 600 miles in one trip. Love it..

Not worth the Five stars I gave it in 2010
By anniebanana2

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just read my 1st review of this car which was written shortly after my purchase.
NOW: I will never buy a Hyundai again.
So many problems and the "warranty" is a crock.
The dashboard squeaks (nails on chalkboard squeak) during operation, took it to the local dealer 5 times to fix with no luck. I took it to a dealer 30 minutes away, and though they have reduced the sound, it still occurs when the fan is running cool air.
The cruise control resume button only works intermittently.
The techs asked me if I pushed the button properly.
Seriously??
The dome light panel failed and was replaced. There is now a popping occurring in the front right tire. They say it all checks out fine. Surprise!

How about building a quality product and standing behind it? Have service techs that actually understand vehicles...not punk kids off the street who seem to know less about vehicles than this middle aged mom! Don't boast about a warranty and then not stand behind it.

Love it!
By Lori Myers

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Veracruz because we wanted the 7 passenger seating but desperately wanted to get rid of the minivan. This has given us the best of both worlds. Most of the time we use it as a 5 passenger vehicle with the back seats folded down, but it is so nice to be able to load up the car with kids when we need too. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The car handles well. It is an extremely comfortable ride for 5, not as much so for 7 because of the legroom - but in my book that is to be expected. I highly recommend this vehicle and am so glad that we bought it.

Favorite features are the third row seats, the USB port and all of the safety features.

Gas mileage is ok, but not great, typically around 18 mpg. I would love to see this in a hybrid one day. Additional USB plugs in the backseat would make those long trips easier for the kids.