Used 2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Justifying my Elemental addiction!
By Robert K Blankenship

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

*Yes. This is my 3rd Element so if you're looking for an unbiased review, you'll probably need to skip on past this one.* I'm not really a car person but when Honda introduced the Element, I knew I had to have one. The shape and size were appealing to my interests and the layout inside was considerate of my lifestyle. I loved the color choices and the unique body features. The Element has a very recognizable, iconic design and that's appealing to me! If you're into music - My latest Element has a 7 speaker system which utilizes the space very well. With a bit of tuning you can achieve excellent audio inside. I like the vinyl flooring for it's easy cleaning and I like the unique seating combinations. I can keep the back seats up, down or flipped to the side and clipped to the roof in order to maximize my room. Or I can remove them entirely to add more space! It's all very functional. So are the doors, which open outward with no support bars to hinder your movements in or out. It's incredibly easy to pack! I love the wide window views and the headroom. No claustrophobic trips in this car... It's a very roomy ride and comfortable for 4 people. As an SUV class vehicle, the Element sits higher than a regular car so your view of the roadway will be just a bit better than the cars around you. It has a very decent acceleration, excellent braking and it corners well, with a weight shift into the curve so you always feel like it's in your control. I can attest to it being a very safe car in a rear-end accident. It's why I now own a 2007 Element instead of my 2004. I walked away from an interstate crash with just a few bruises and some minor aches. I'd trust it with my life! DOWNSIDES, you ask? Sure. It's a noisy ride. Occasionally very noisy depending on the asphalt your driving on. There are ways to lessen road noise but I've never found it a quiet ride. It's also cumbersome for passengers when you're parked side-by-side in tight spaces. It's relatively poor on gas mileage (due to it's boxy shape and heavy carriage!) and it can be a total gas pig if you're used to aggressive driving. Nothing sits for long on the floor without shifting so you'll need to keep bungee cords to tie things in place and there never seems to be enough room up front to store common items. The glove compartment fills quickly and the upper storage (above mirror) and side door pockets are limited. The back seats are comfortable but take much more of the road abuse than the front seats... often bouncing passengers as they sit slightly higher in the car. Finally, there is a vicious blind spot just over the driver shoulder where you'll have to consider your mirror placement to safely view other cars on the road. Frankly, none of these negatives have stopped me from loving the car... It feels like a solid beast, wears well in high mileage and makes my 70 mile daily work commute a pleasure. My suggestion is to try one out and see if it's a good fit. You might just fall in love with this unique, unusual car!

QUIRKY AND PRACTICAL
By kris corah

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

4 years with our element. Honestly there isn't much to complain about it, but I just never grew to love it. The transmission annoys me, it's constantly hunting thru the gear, yes, I know it's getting me the best mileage it can. The shifts aren't hard or harsh. In fact they aren't unpleasant at all, I just find it annoying listening to the engine cycle up and down as the trans constantly shifts at every rise or dip in the road. The highway at 70 is truly busy for the transmission. Road noise is a bit on the loud side as well. Crosswinds are fairly disruptive, pushing the car around on the road. The rear doors are a love/hate item for me as well. There is a different routine to using them in parking lots and requires some forethought. Getting in/out with kids can be an exercise in frustration. I've been trapped between the doors many times, doing some sort of dance/juggling to get into position to be able to get out from between the doors so they can be closed. The doors open about 90 degrees which makes getting in/out and loading easier but brings the doors in range of neighboring cars in parking lots. When a 5 yr old leans on the door to get out it is simple for the door to swing open enough to bump the car beside you. Aside from the low tire pressure monitor coming on and staying on about a year after we got the car it has been almost faultless. Fuel mileage is not very good. we get about 22-23 most of the time, a mile or 2 less in the winter and it will get 24+ on the highway at speed. the best mileage I've seen was 26. On the plus side, it's roomy, for its size. The seats fold flat or swing up clearing most of the floor. They can be removed but I'd rather take a punch from mike Tyson. Our 5 year old loves to "decorate" the car by drawing on the matte black plastic panels with sidewalk chalk. It's a nice conversation piece. The people at my wife's work love it. It is an excellent choice for someone with small kids and/or dogs. We fold the back flat on one seat (rear) and our great Dane lays there next to the kid in his car seat.
3-6-18. still have this thing. we will probably be trading it in the next few months when we decide on a replacement. It has held up pretty well. The seats have stains and the passenger side dash has a weird discoloration on the accent panel. The tach needle fell off about 6 months ago. there is a rust spot on the driverside rear door. all in al we got our moneys worth out of it. going on 160,000 miles.

Go Anywhere with your Element
By Carol Shafford

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Element since 2007 when I purchased it NEW. It has been a great little SUV. Have almost 88,000 miles on it. It will plow through snow with the best of other suvs. I have done a lot of winter driving here in Interior Alaska, the heaters have kept me warm. The stopping ability on icy roads is wonderful. If they still made them I would buy a NEW one, but they don't make them anymore. I have the all wheel drive version. Am still very happy with my Element. Am thinking about replacing it with a new rig this year, as I would like to have some of the new safety features on a vehicle I drive daily. I think Honda made a real mistake not continuing this utilitarian vehicle. It has been a great little car. The newer Honda's do not have the ground clearance I would like to have, we have had 80 inches of snow since December and getting around in a car with less clearance would create problems.

Such a cool car!
By Gale

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Lowest maintenance of any vehicle I've ever owned, but it's time to move on. I don't need the large cargo space anymore to transport my wares. Fun to drive, easy to take care of, I love the element.

From soup to nuts, it does it all.
By Judy Eastham

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing I'd change is the drink holders. They are hard to get to with the arm down. I love the cargo room with the seats folded up to the sides. I have brought a 50 gallon water heater home with my car and a new dishwasher. I wish they hadn't discontinued the Element I would buy a new one. My husband simply doesn't fit in other cars and I got this to ease his getting in and out. It provides him with the necessary head room. Hey Honda bring it back just like it is. SINCE I DID THE FIRST REVIEW I HAD TO GET RID OF IT. THE TRANS AXELS AND OTHER MAJOR EXPENSES HIT THIS CAR. I'D LOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER BUT I'M BURIED IN A CHEVROLET SILVERADO NOW.