Used 2008 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Fixer upper
By Mary kay

2008 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Not great cant read the codes computer reading error. Like its been wet. Speedometer went out.

Towing/gas mileage
By Tim

2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Uses 3 x the gas when touring my 3500# camper. Lags when towing up Hills. Rated for 5200# towing capacity. Runs great when not towing.

180,500 GOING STRONG
By ben

2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I GOT THIS AT AN AUCTION, FOR HIGH MILEAGE ITS RUNNING GREAT

Own. Purchased with 3K miles in 2008 at dealer.
By Stonebank

2008 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Maintaining this vehicle is not cheap, but doing the preventive maintenance is a lot cheaper. Having a four wheel drive vehicle gives you two differentials to maintain instead of one plus the transfer case. I have run nothing but Mobil I oil in it, and perform the recommended mechanical work earlier than recommended using the best material possible. My vehicle looks new, and runs like a well tuned watch even with 157,000 miles. I have my own maintenance schedule that has kept every car I have owned in great shape for many years with hardly a breakdown (which I blame on ethanol). Change hoses every three years with a coolant flush, change the battery every three years with the best you can buy, replace any potential defective wiring as noticed, and change oil every 5-7000 miles running only synthetic regardless of climate. Replace all brakes before damaging rotors, and ensure the rotors are the best duty you can keep on the car, rotate tires with every oil change, and put the best tires on the vehicle possible. A few extra bucks here can save thousands. Update mechanicals as noted by a GOOD mechanic. I use a high quality dealership, and the repair prices are not really any higher, and the mechanics are well trained and supervised. My only real comfort negative is short seats which is common in most cars these days. I have long legs and lack of proper thigh support creates a painful butt and hamstrings on longer rides. My car has performed pretty much flawlessly.

why don't they build this anymore?
By russ weaver

2008 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a mid size suv on a solid full frame. Handles rough terrain and freeway speeds equally well. I'd buy a new one if I could.