Used 2011 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

I use mine commercially and have had 2
By John K

2011 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I use mine for commercial audio, video and lighting work. I've had two and run them both to high mileage. They have been very reliable. They do not have a ton of power so I you have a heavy foot or no patience this might not be for you. I'm impressed with it's ability to handle weight and like the layout. I hate the remote door locks and the fact that the back doors are treated as if they were a trunk. If you get into the cab you can unlock the back side doors, this is very foolish for a commercial vehicle. Those who have inventory and tools hate this feature.

Used Delivery Van Converted Into Nice Mini-Camper
By Ray

2011 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Wife and I both love the outdoors , but my backpacking days are over :-( . The answer was to have a little, mini-camper/shelter that was agile enough to be a daily driver for work. We bought a used (123,000 mi) 2011 Connect that had been a work van. We had our mechanic service the transmission - no problems, but it had never been serviced, we also had the suspension rebuilt. I gutted the back, installed a screened, tinted window from E-bay into the passenger side door for extra visibility/safety and fresh air while in the 'house' portion of the camper, added a ceiling vent/skylight with fan, LED 'house' lights in the back and built in a fold out twin bed, with storage underneath. This is all powered from a deep cycle, sealed ,AGM battery recharged by a very low profile, solar panel and regulator. That was expensive, but now it drives WONDERFULLY - well, it's not a Jaguar: it's a re-purposed delivery van... so, compared to its peers - it's wonderful. It's quite nice in the back part of our mini-camper, being far more comfortable and snug than a tent. Highways out here are 80 MPH and we've done about 15,000 miles of them in the last year, with no troubles. For a work vehicle, the acceleration is more than adequate and (to me) noticeably than what I read in other reviews. Yes, in mountains with heavy loads, it's not climbing like the V8's - that's reality, but climb it does while being thrifty on gas. On flat or rolling highways, no problem at all. >>> I wish that it had BRIGHTER headlights, but it was a fleet vehicle, so I replaced them with after market LED headlights from Amazon. Great daily driver, comfy and well traveled mini-camper - and our dog loves it.

First mini van in a while
By Henry

2011 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT Premium 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2011 was ok but the 2016 is great

First mini van in a while
By Henry

2011 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT Premium 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Can't see Can't see
By Mr. Love

2011 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive this vehicle for a company more the 10 hours a day. I took the veicle from another driver. We used to joke about how many fender benders and hits the old driver had in this vehicle. He always said it's hard to see. Well, he was right I had a spotless driving record prior to taking this vehicle. I have had more near misses in this vehicle and finally a woman sideswiped me as I merged into her lane. I just didn't see her because she was in the huge blind spot over my left shoulder. I'm a professional driver. I signal, look and then proceed. I just couldn't see her. The real fun is the parts department at Ford. There has to be a thousand of these Transit Connects running around yet they don't carry the parts. More than that they are like all Ford crap parts! way over priced.