Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

One great car,Love it
By Dimo

2002 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just sold my 2006 MX5 Miata gran touring. Awesome sports car. I had a medical problem and couldn’t get in or out easerly So I bought a 2002 Thunderbird deluxe with 54,000 miles and honestly I’m having more fun with this great automobile. Car runs smooth and strong, clean as a whistle. What a ride , and ford put a great music system. 6 CD changer and great speakers. I can’t say enough about the Bird , just glad I found this one.

Pre owned its a deal!
By Sallen

2002 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Flare for a reasonable amount f money

Loving my T-Bird
By Donna Zindler

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth riding, great pickup,peppy little car.Great resale value. A pleasure to drive.

My mom baby
By Garry

Allway garage car is still new it new in and out 12.ooo mile

Rudy the Red Nosed T-Bird
By Ken

2002 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is just too much fun. Purchased 'Rudy' after shopping for a previously owned, reasonably priced sporty two-seater. I nearly settled on a 2002 BMW Z3 which was priced under $8K, but decided to continue the search without a specific model in mind. A few 80s and 90s model Corvettes caught my eye, but again, I was in no hurry, so after a year or so, I happened to spy a little red T-Bird which had just been traded into a local Nissan dealer. I briefly looked it over and found that it had over 125,000 miles on it; however, the car looked immaculately well-kept. I test drove it and immediately thought that I had at least narrowed the search to the right vehicle. I looked at several others priced from $9K to $30K depending on condition, but decided to try to negotiate the price on the red one, and after much discussion, we agreed to $10K. In the last four months, I've replaced some leaking valve cover gaskets, but otherwise the car runs and looks great. The previous owner had put a high performance air induction kit and Borla exhaust system on it which increased the horsepower from 250 to 280 or so. It has a nice little growl that reminds me of an old Boss 302 Mustang I once owned. I traced Rudy to 2002 and found that the window sticker was well over 40K, so in my opinion, it was worth the 15 year wait to knock 75% off the asking price :) Must admit the wife was not initially pleased with my impulsive purchase, but she has since given in to Rudy's charm. We enjoy putting the top down for a weekend cruise through the hill country and find ourselves looking for an excuse to drive to the grocery store. This ole bird gives me something to putz around with in the garage and we both love it... Great little roadster at a very reasonable price.