Used 2018 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fusion Energi for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great

DZNR, 10/06/2018
SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2018 Fusion Energi after having owned my previous Fusion for 12 yrs. I liked my previous one so much I didn't want to change brands or models BUT I did decide to go the electric route and it has proved to be a good decision. I have owned the car for just a short time but have yet to put fuel in it. I plug it in each night and unplug in the A.M. This power up is enough to take me thru the next day. (I have a short commute to work and just run errands afterwards). It is my understanding that Ford has engineered the Energi to automatically kick in the fuel mode when it's necessary so the fuel doesn't go "stale". This car is luxurious in all it's appointments and I only got the SE package. Running in electric you hear nothing ... so be careful in shopping centers. The gas has only kicked on a few times so I think it's on the noisy side but that's only because I run it so often in electric that I forget what the sound of a internal combustion engine sounds like. The only true negative I can say is the extremely small trunk space. (I almost didn't buy it because it's so small). I am still one with lots of CD's so I wish it had more than just a single CD player but I'm thankful it comes equipped with at least that. Most cars I looked at didn't even offer a CD option. I thought it would take a lot of adjustment to the "computer" aspects of the car but am finding it's really easy to learn. The basics of the car are easy - so there's no "getting use to" the lights, wipers etc. However, the brakes are extremely touchy but once you get use to them and find that you're re-energizing the battery when you brake you'll love them.

MUCH BETTER THAN ANY EUROPEN CAR IN ALL WAYS!!!!!!

STEVEN SHENHEIT, 02/07/2018
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The best: value, performance, safety, reliability, comfort, cost of ownership, etc..........One of the best cars made in all ways.....My fifth Fusion Hybrid in five years....... I have driven up to 50,000 miles in one year--- through all 48 states and all of southern Canada also have been an uber/ lyft driver....................................Never had a car brake down, major repairs or burn oil.... I have driven over a 1,000,000 in my life

Shame to see such a great car discontinued

Zach doughty, 04/05/2019
SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great city car. I drive mostly country roads and get about 35mpg. I drove it for a month before i plugged mine in now its near 50mpg. Other than the small trunk i have absolutely no complaints. A full charge uses 7 kwh of electricity, if you only go short distances you will almost never have to put gas in

Awesome Auto

Randolph Kernon, 03/23/2019
Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned Lincols this car is quieter better ride not as quick but the 46-50 mpg is well worth it

pretty good

ash, 05/16/2019
SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don't like cars more of an SUV person but this compared to a Nissan Altima is much better feels more luxurious. not too bad.

2018 Fusion Energi

Aaron Tedrow, 06/23/2019
SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One of the reasons I decided to go with a hybrid was the $4007 federal tax credit as well as the $2500 cash rebate in the state of Texas (the dealership didn’t know anything about this rebate). On a full charge I can almost get to work and then drive home on the gasoline motor. I have just over 10K miles on it and have had it 7 months. According to the app for the car so far I have saved 195 gallons of fuel. This is more than the car payment for 1 month. While there are some features I miss from my 2016 Honda Accord (the Lane keep assist was much better in the Honda). The Ford Fusion Hybrid Energi SE does have many feature upgrades than my Honda. It seems that the SE comes with leather interior, sun roof, heated seats, Apple Car Play and the Android equivalent. The Ford also comes with the automatic seat adjustment for 2 different drivers, automatic high beam headlights and automatic windshield wipers. When it comes to acceleration and handling the Honda wins hands down, but the fuel Econ is substantially higher. The trunk on the Honda was huge, but I really have not had any issues with using the truck to get groceries and the like. One thing that I wish Ford would do is let me know how many miles are on the electric motor and the gasoline engine. Seems that an oil change interval based on the actual miles of the gas motor would benefit from allowing you to see the actual miles on each. Other than those minor details I am pretty happy with the vehicle. $29,094.10 (includes $5000 trade in credit over pay off) - $4007 federal tax credit -$2500 cash rebate from my state = $22,587.10

GREAT Energy from my Energi !

DZNR, 03/02/2020
SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so glad I decided to continue my Fusion purchases. I bought my first Fusion in 2006 and was so happy with it that I when it was time to replace it I started looking at my options within the Fusion family. I purchased my 2018 Fusion Energi at the close of 2018. Because it was a demo of sorts I got a great deal on it and didn't have to absorb any of the usual depreciation. I was somewhat concerned over the limited trunk space but honestly it hasn't been a problem at all. There is plenty of space for normal grocery shopping excursions and if I happen to go to the wholesale club I just drop the back seats and it's not an issue at all. I have even hauled things home from the local garden center in the roomy back seat area (with seats dropped down). It is EXTREMELY quiet when operating. Having owned my Fusion since Sept., 2018 from then til now (March, 2020) I have only put in 6,that's right SIX tanks of gas. I generally can do all of my running around town on electric only. I love the fact that it charges the battery every time I brake or am going downhill. Any concerns I had about power were quickly put to rest when I floored it for the first time to get on the interstate. More than enough energy from my Energi!

51050