Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

Used Excursion for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Big Bad Truck not a SUV

Edendp, 12/24/2002

Had a Lincoln Navigator before but needed more tow power. The diesel is great and I am very happy with it (the wife hates it when I start it up in the garage....)I love the rumble and the power and the milege for such a large vehicle. The ride is very trucky but this is a truck and not a suv. It pulls my triple axle boat trailer and boat (40' long and 9000lbs) with ease. Launching is a pleasure. 4 wheeling is great when hunting but tricky on tight turns in the bush

big guy car

kakis10, 09/06/2003

Got diesel fuel economy 17 mpg. at present only complaint vehicle had no rear sway bar. I added one from hellwig big diffence. ford warranty needs to be addressed 3yr/360000 bumper to bumper. 5yr/100000 on drive train which means diesel motor only.

DIESEL POWER THE ONLY WAY

6509481, 09/29/2003

LOTS OF POWER WITH THE 7.3L, UNDER FULL LOAD AND TOWING 7500LB'S, THE BABY GETS UP TO HIGHWAY SPEEDS FAST. WITH NO ONE ELSE BUT THE DRIVER ON BOARD YOU AND BLOW THE DOORS OFF ALMOST ALL SPORTS CARS AND TRUCKS OFF THE LINE AND HANDELS GREAT IN THE TURNS. LOYS OF ROOM FOR LUGGAGE BE HID THE 3RD SEAT. A MUST FOR ANY FAMILY WITH MORE THAN 2 KIDS.

6.0 Diesel Works For Me

jberg, 10/30/2003

I bought my Excursion in June and have put on 8200 miles since. Most use is at 75 to 80 mph on highway trips without a trailer. On those trips, I get over 20 mpg. I have a 28' transporter which I use to haul ATV's and camp in. With the loaded trailer behind it, the mpg drops down to 11. I can pull the trailer both up and down hill as fast as I care to.

My Big Black X

chip, 02/12/2003

This vehicle does it ALL. I sold my RAM2500 4wd V10 and got this. The ram was good, THIS THING IS GREAT. Towing, fuel economy, power...AWESOME!! My wife was terrified to drive it at first (used to her 5 series BMW) but now I have to fight with her to drive it. She loves it. The only problem is I can't fit it in the garage. Oh well. After I lift it, it wouldn't fit in there anyway. Buy one if you're in the market.

12345...16